Lost

A/N Sorry guys, this couldn't go after the last chapter. It has to go before. I'll try not to do that to you anymore. 

On a side note, Happy Graduation To Me!

***********************************************************************************************************

Eros's POV 

I stared at the note with shock. She was gone, eleven words on a scrap of paper and she was gone. 

"I'll be back as soon as possible. Eros is in charge."   

What kind of goodbye was that? What does "as soon as possible," mean? Where did she go? Did something happen? Did she get tired of us and need to get away for a little while? 

Why didn't she take us with? my wolf added to the pile of questions in my head, Is she safe? 

'This is Rosie we're talking about,' I told my wolf with certainty, 'she's never needed us to protect her. She's safe.' 

But, sometimes she does dangerous things and she can't always handle the consequences. 

'We don't know where she is,'  I replied, 'We can't do anything about it.' 

I looked at the clock again, hoping that enough time had gone by that she would be back already, but it had only been five minutes since the last time that I checked. It was still the middle of the night. She'd only left a couple hours ago. It felt like it'd been longer, but the clock was an awful reminder that it hadn't. If she had been planning on coming back tonight, she wouldn't have left me in charge. If we were lucky, she would only be gone a couple days. 

Why didn't she take us with her? my wolf asked again sadly. 

'We just have to trust that she has her reasons,' I replied, unable to think of anything better to say. 

The front door opened and slammed shut

Hope started to weave its way into my system. She could have forgotten something and come back, or maybe she decided that whatever she left for wasn't worth it and came back. 

I stood up from the chair that I'd collapsed in and started walking toward the door but all my hopes were dashed when Chayton walked into the front-room. 

"Your alpha took my sister," Chayton said without the usual formalities. 

I resumed my position on the chair and Chayton began pacing in front of me. 

"Do you at least know where they went?" I asked as I dropped my head into my hands, feeling a sob want to break out. 

Why did she take the pointy eared princess and not us? Why didn't she take us with, too?" my wolf repeated. 

"Not exactly," Chayton said looking at me with concern, "I was hoping that you were informed of their plans since it was your alpha who caused their disappearance."

"Well," I said trying to hold back anger, "What do you know?" I asked stressing the "do".

"Sora informed me in a note that Alpha Rose had proposed a mission and had requested that Sora accompany her on this mission. At the time when she wrote the note, Sora did not know anything about how Alpha Rose was hoping to accomplish the task. She was unaware of their intended destination, except that it would have taken some time to get there if they had been intending on walking the entire distance. I was informed of their disappearance when my stable master informed me that my sister and your alpha had not come back from their griffin ride and were nowhere to be found. Your alpha took a particularly volatile animal and he was concerned that she might have had trouble with him."