Escape

A/N Sorry guys this is a bit of a short chapter, but I hope you like it anyway.

***********************************************************************************************************

Alice's POV 

Almost done, I was almost done figuring out the payment plan. Xavier was going to work for me for five years and pay me ten thousand dollars before he can take his little falcon home to his farm pack. That would almost cover it, I was just concerned with the extra money it would take to keep him and his match well fed. Perhaps he would need to work for me for ten years. I would need to talk to him about the possibilities.  

The door to my office flew open, and I looked up with a growl threatening to rumble out. It was nearly midnight, what could be so important that someone would burst in and break my concentration. 

"They're gone," Jack said with wide eyes, "all of them and that girl and the elf. I'm not sure how important the girl was, but she took the others with her. I heard her tell Chase that she would be gone before tomorrow, I didn't believe her."

"Stop," I commanded, feeling a headache coming on, "Now calmly tell me who is gone."

"The human girl that Chase found, an elf boy named Wakiza, and," he started to looking around the room nervously, "and the three dragon babies."

I stared at him in disbelief before I picked up the closest thing to me and threw it with all my strength. 

The vase I'd had sitting on my desk shattered against the wall, raining little pieces of blue glass around the frightened werewolf. 

"Alright, " I said looking at him and trying to control my anger, "tell me what you saw."

"The girl came running down the hall yelling that the dragon babies were gone. I went outside to look for them and I guess she and the elf boy followed me. She went around back and started to call for them. I knew that she shouldn't be outside so I went around the house to get her back in but when I got to the back yard there was a griffin taking off with the girl and the elf boy. The baby dragons were following her."

It was hard, but I managed to keep myself in check. This was salvageable, but not if I let my anger take over. 

"I'm going to want at least five wolves on the ground, following the griffin as well as they can. You are in charge of this, if anyone else gets out because you left a door open I will throw you in the dungeon until your wolf goes mad. I need to make a call, you are dismissed."

It might be a little risky using Azenor to retrieve the dragon children. Out of spite she might just eat one. I couldn't have that, she wouldn't even tell me the truth if she ate one of them. She knows there's no way for me to prove that anything she says is untrue. If she wanted to eat one of my million dollar dragons and told me that one just got away, there would absolutely no proof to the contrary. 

Chase, this was his fault, I could send him with Azenor. If Azenor ate him too it wouldn't be a huge loss. It might actually make me feel better about losing the dragons and an elf. 

"Chase!" I screamed, knowing he would hear, "my office, now."

A few seconds later Chase was standing in front of me with his bare chest heaving. 

"The girl you brought here broke out with three baby dragons and an elf. You're going with Azenor to get them back."

He bowed his head, "When will she be here?"

"Let's find out," I replied walking over to my phone and typing the dragon lady's number in. 

"Hello," came the almost cat like purr from the other line after the fifth ring.