Captured

Eros's POV 

The clock struck ten and the door to the house opened. 

Right on time, my wolf said tiredly, So glad that as long as his highness plans on joining us every night without permission he's going to do it at the same time. 

Chayton walked into the kitchen and sat down across from me. According to elf custom, he placed three fingers on his mouth and then on his heart before speaking, "Nine days. They have been gone for nine days," he mumbled staring down at the cup of coffee that I'd placed there for him. 

"They'll come back," I replied after greeting him, "Rosie is smart about things like this and I'm sure Princess Sora can handle herself."

He shouldn't keep reminding us, it just makes it feel like it's taking longer.

"I have no doubt that Alpha Rose is extraordinarily talented with this kind of thing. However, neither of them have ever tried to get in and out of one of the houses that they keep supernatural creatures in.  They are able to keep dragons contained, what is to stop them from containing Alpha Rose? They already have elves captured, keeping Sora contained would not even present a problem for them."

Thank you Chayton, for that wonderful piece of optimism. 

"What do you want us to do about it?" I asked with frustration, "We don't know where they are, we can't help them."

We sat in silence for a few minutes, both of us lost in our own thoughts. 

"So," I said breaking both of us out of our thoughts about how the people we love are going to be held captive, "Movie or chess?"

"I am afraid that playing chess with you holds no intellectual challenge for me, your movies on the other hand, irritate my sense of truth and lies."

"We could watch a documentary or just turn animal planet on," I suggested. 

"But there is much that your documentaries leave out, and even more that they are ignorant about. Animal planet is wrong about a great deal of things."

"Animal planet without the sound it is," I said with finality as I walked into the front room. 

I'm not sure how many hours later it was, but I was finally starting to fall asleep. My eyelids drooped, blocking out the image of one of the more extravagant birds of paradise trying to attract a mate. 

Suddenly, Chayton stood up with his odd pointy ears twitching. Then, without warning, he dashed toward the door, leaving it wide open as he rushed out onto the lawn. 

Can you hear it? my wolf asked excitedly as I stood up too.

'Hear what?' I asked as I followed Chayton outside.

Wings, I hear wings flapping. Not just any kind of wing, though, they are big wings. Unless there are any elephant birds around here, that is a griffin! 

'Rosie took a griffin when she left!' I replied, feeling excitement building up in my system as three griffins touched down. 

Why can't I smell her? he asked with confusion. 

I looked around the lawn, hoping I would see a fourth griffin land. 

Sora slid off her griffin and was immediately engulfed in Chayton's arms. It was odd for me to see, elves rarely show affection to each other and even less while they were in front of other people.