Chapter 7

"Because your my world" Danny says linking our hands. My heart melts.

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!" I practically scream. 

"I have been waiting forever to say that" Danny laughs. I smile ear to ear. I kiss him on the cheek, which made him blush. I start to get a call, i pick it up.

"Whaaaaaaaatttttttt??" I ask.

"Hey its Coach Mary" Coach says.... How the heck did she get my number? 

"Yes?" I ask, fiddling with my knitted sweater.

"You need to come back to school for the try outs, we are waiting on you" Coach pleads.

"Oh, gee! Sorry! I totally forgot! Be there in 10!!" I say getting up and dragging Danny to his car.

"Ok, get here fast.... you know the tradition...." Coach says hanging up. Danny pulls out, and helps me out to my car. I drive, at the speed limit all the way back to school. I practically run to the gym, Danny right behind me. I slow to a stop, right outside the gym doors, and open the door, i see all the try out people sitting in a line. When they see me they all stand up. Coach hands me the clip board of their names.

"Already in order? Thanks" I say to Coach as i walk up to the first girl in line.

"Ewe, no, get out of here" I say sending this girl out the doors, she had a huge mole on her cheek, i shiver. I go to the next girl. I shrug. She beams. I go to the next three girls, and send them out. I go through the whole line, keeping 7 girls, their was 14. 

"OKAY WARM UP STRETCHES. START WITH MIDDLE SPLITS" I scream, which echos through out the whole gym. 6 of the girls go down in a middle split. I walk over to the still standing girl.

"Is there a problem?" I demand quietly.

"Um...." She continues quietly, rubbing her arm. "I can't do a split...."  

"And you expect to join the team, even though you can't even do a SPLIT?" I say raising my voice. I point  to the door, she runs out crying. And Ava walks in with a cheer bag. 

"Sorry i am late" She says, running in. 

"Stretch." I demand crossing my arms. She nods, then slides down into the splits. I give her a small nod

"Hey, Olivia.... Sydney, broke her legs, looks like there is two spots open..." Coach says putting her phone away.

"Ugh, great, call Kat and Sammy here now" I demand, she pulls her phone back out. I turn to see everyone in the splits still.

"Right Split, looks like there is.." I sigh "Two spots open." They shrug. I smile on the inside. They all switch over to a right split. I send another girl out the door.

10 minutes later.

"OKAY! There is only 6 of you, and 2 spots open." I say, I see Kat and Sammy walk through the door.  They are in their practice uniforms. 

"Hi everyone!" Sammy says sweetly. Kat almost drops her bag, when she sees Ava. I groan.

"You guys, keep stretching them, while i go get changed." I say walking into the girls locker room. I change quickly and run back in. Kat is stretching Ava extra hard, and she is doing everything she says. 

"ALRIGHT GUYS! If you don't know that's Kathryn, and that's Samantha, i am Olivia, i am the Cheer Captain. You listen to us, and do what we say. Understood?" I say crossing my arms, Kat and Sammy walk over to me. 

"Yes Olivia" They all say standing up. 

"Now its time to teach you a routine." I said smiling. Coach starts the music. And we show them the  routine. Then it was their turn. We each knock out 2 girls. There was 4 left, including Ava.

"4 LEFT 2 SPOTS OPEN! STUNTING AFTER WATER GO!" I demand, they all run to get water. For the next 30 minutes we do stunts. One girl broke her ankle, so she was out.

"Ok, there are 3 of you, 2 spots....  Now we move into the most important thing ever" Sammy says nicely.

"Tumbling" Kat, Sammy, and I say together. 

"Time to show us where you are,  defeat the other 2, you get a spot." I said. A girl with black hair goes first.

"Name" I said looking at the clip board. 

"Sophia" She says. I nod, she was pretty.

"Go" I said. She does a double back handspring, layout. 

"Nice!" Kat says. I write down a 8 out of 10, she stumbled during her landing. 

"NEXT" I say, a girl with brown hair walks up. 

"Name" I said looking down to the clip board.

"Clarissa" She said. 

"Go" I said. She does  back walk-over, and a somersaults. 

"Honey, We are in high school, not preschool." I say frowning. She nods then goes to sit down. 

"Clarissa, this is a High school tumble." I say as we walked to the middle. I do a Round off back handspring back layout full twist. When i finish everyone claps.  Then Ava was up. 

"Go" I say, because i already know her name. She does a back handspring tuck layout. I smile, Kat is sitting low in her chair with her arms crossed, because she knows she is going to be on the team. 

"LINE 'EM UP" I say, the run to the middle of the gym, "Alright guys, i think you know who made it and who didn't" I say directing my gaze at Clarissa. She frowns, grabs her bag and runs out.

"Congrats, girls, you made the team, go get rest, we have practice tomorrow after school" I say, the nod and get their bags. I started walking out the gym with Danny, when i feel someone's hand on my arm stopping me.

"Listen Kat i know you don't like Av-" I start saying as i turn, then i see Ava standing there.

"I just wanted to say sorry about what happened earlier" She says.

"It's fine, be at practice tomorrow and don't be late." I say pulling myself free.