✨Chapter 27✨

>>

      "So let's talk." Naomi said folding her arms. Lyric sat on the edge of her bed. Naomi shrugged.

"First of all, I'm not you." Lyric said. Naomi nodded. "I'm not as strong as you are,and I handle things differently without violence."

Naomi rolled her eyes. "You can't change me."

"I just want y'all to be strong, I don't want y'all to go through what I had to go through..because I've been through alot of shit."

Lyric nodded. "I want you and your siblings to be close.. because you'll never know how long yall have together. That's why I blamed you for what happened to Maceon, I felt like you didn't give a fuck and wasn't looking out for him."

Naomi wiped away a tear and sighed. "I understand." Lyric mumbled.

"I'm sorry for having an attitude." Naomi nodded. "I'm sorry for being a terrible mother." Lyric frowned.

"You're not a terrible mother, you gave birth to seven bad ass kids all by yourself." Naomi smiled. "I love you Mama."

"I love you more baby." Naomi stood up and hugged her. "But you need to stop all that cursing." Lyric laughed. 

One Month Later.

"Only check your test results!" Mr. Murphy yelled. Lyric took a deep breath checking her SAT scores.

"You scared?" O'shea asked.  Lyric scoffed. "I'm terrified..what if I don't get a good score? Oh my God." She mumbled.

"You'll be fine, don't you have a 4.0 GPA?" He asked. Lyric waved him off. "Almost, I'm not that smart."

"Are you kidding? You're a genius." Lyric smacked her lips and side eyed him. "What you want?" She asked. "What? I can't compliment my lady?"

Lyric smiled. "No, not if you want something." She said. O'shea sighed. "So what is it?" She asked.  "Why I gotta want something?"

"Because I can tell by the tone in your voice." Lyric raised a brow. "And well.. I know you, like really know you." She bit her little and chuckled.

"It's this party or whatever for this theater thing tonight and I want you to come. I know it's not your thing but-" "I'll come." O'shea smiled.

"Really?" "Yea." He nodded. "Cool." She opened her mouth when her score popped up on the screen. "Oh shit, I got 1400."

She smiled and looked at O'shea's score which was way better than hers. "Must be nice." She smacked her lips. "Yours is pretty good."

"Pretty good?" She raised a brow. "It's better than mine in a way." "How so?" He shrugged struggling to find his words. "Because it just is?"

Lyric squinted her eyes. "You're so weird." O'shea scratched his neck. "That's why I love you." She wiggled her eyebrows and kissed his cheek.

They printed their results out and walked out of the library. "There's your friends." O'shea said looking at Marisol, Hermione and Nautica.

Lyric grabbed his hand and locked their fingers together. "I'll see you later alright?"

"I gotta catch up with Austin anyways since you wanna ditch me for your friends." Lyric playfully rolled her eyes and got on her tippy toes.