Asher And Melanite

After a few more minutes of talking, I have to ask Selene an important question. "How do you know for sure that I'm your daughter and not just a coincidence?"

"I know for sure because of your scent," she replied. "It's the same as it always was, though it's also covered with hundreds of unfamiliar dragon scents. One of them reeked of power, so I'm guessing they were that Alpha you admire so much."

"Sounds like him, all right," I nod. "I was with him just before I left the sanctuary." "The sanctuary?" She asked. "The pack and I live in a place called the Dragon Sanctuary. According to myths I can turn the place invisible with no more than my mind," I chuckle at the last part.

"Wait, you said you were called a Dragon Master but... you're the Dragon Master? The one from the legends?" "Apparently," I confirm. "My little girl's famous!" Selene cheered. "It's not all hearts and rainbows when you want to stay a secret, though," I point out.

Selene nodded in understanding, then thought of something. "Would you like to meet your siblings?"

I think about it for a moment. Asher's older than me, so he'll be able to change forms already, but if Melanite is younger then she'll be in her dragon form indefinitely.  It would do me good to see them, I suppose.

"Okay," I nod slowly. "I'll meet them. I guess I'll have to at some point, anyway."

Selene beams at me. "I'll just be a moment. Don't go anywhere, okay?" She then hurries off, presumably to find her children. I look to Stylive and start communicating with her.

What do you make of her, Stylive?

Depends. Am I allowed to say what I actually think of her?

Yes.

Then I think she's strange and at this point untrustworthy of our knowledge.

Agreed. What do you think of the story that I'm her daughter?

I mean, we know for sure that she's at very least part dragon. What reason would she have to lie?

That's what I'm thinking. Plus most dragons wouldn't even consider pretending that someone that isn't their hatchling is theirs.

Exactly.

So what now?

We wait for her to bring your siblings, of course.

You know what I mean, smartass.

You lick your mother with that tongue?

Stylive...

Sorry, out of line.

It's not tha-... nevermind. Just stay on your guard. I'm not sure yet what their true intentions are.

Sounds good to me. And just for the record, you don't do all the work at home just so you can stay with us. We want you there for so many more reasons than a simple work buddy. Even the Alpha has told me so.

What? What did Alpine say?

He said he was going to-

Stylive is interrupted when some shuffling is heard behind her. We both turn to look at what or who is there. It's Selene. "Asher and Melanite are ready to meet you. Just say the word and they'll come in and make you wish you never knew they existed," she joked.

I chuckle along. "Can't leave them waiting, I suppose. Send them in."

She steps aside from the cave entrance to allow my siblings through the door. The first one to come in is a little dragon who looks almost the same as Selene in her dragon form, except their eyes are as deep a blue as their scales. A human boy who looked to be around nineteen followed her, with messy brown hair, lightly tanned skin and the same blue eyes as the little dragon.

They both froze when they saw me. I did the same. We looked at one another for a few moments before the boy spoke up. "... Indigo? Is... is that really you?"

I had no clue what to say. I should've known what to say, but my mind came up blank. Thankfully he wouldn't be able to tell I was gawking around my mask even if I was doing so. Eventually I just settled for something that would sound dumb but was still my best option.

"... you're my brother?"

He smiled slightly. "I guess so, Indi. I guess so. Remember me?" I try my hardest to think of where I'd have seen him before, but I have to shake my head. His smile drops, but then it creeps back up on him. "Probably for the best. I was a little sh-"

"Language!" Selene growled. Actually growled. Must be the dragon in her.

"Sh... ifty kid?" He finishes, earning a more approving look from Selene. He sighed in relief while I chuckled at them both. "Well if you don't remember me, I'm Asher," he smiled wider at me when he realised he'd gotten me to laugh. "You already know that I'm Indigo," I reply, smiling myself despite my mask still being up.

I look down to the little dragon, who's sniffing at me curiously, keeping a safe distance away. I crouch down closer to her level. "Hello, there. I'm guessing that you're Melanite?"

She nods her head, still curious about me. "I'm your big sister, then," I tell her, offering a hand. She sniffs at it for a few moments, so I take this as my chance to scratch the sweet spot under her chin. She makes a soft thud as she hits the ground, blissful.

"What did you do to her?!" Selene is quick to react as an overprotective mother. "She'll be back up in a second and it won't hurt her," I say. "Trust me."

As promised, Melanite is back up in mere moments and is nuzzling against me, purring happily. "I thought you'd like that," I chuckle, petting her gently. "Everyone back home does."

"Whatever you did, I want a go," Asher claims with a childish grin, then morphs into his dragon form. He looks just the same as the others, though a bit smaller than Selene. I laugh and scratch his sweet spot, watching as he collapses into a purring heap.

I guess my birth family aren't too bad... so far, at least.