Not My Alpha

By the time I've made my way back to the others, Asher and Adriana are sneaking kisses, so I do what any loving sister would do and ruin the moment.

"I see my brother tastes good, not that I needed to know that," I remark casually as I walk past. This causes them both to pull apart from each other and blush furiously in embarrassment. Anyone who was close enough to hear starts laughing.

"I pity whoever your mate is," Asher sighs. "So do I," I agree. "They're going to have a lot to deal with."

"How so?" Adriana questions. "I mean, it's not like you're an Alpha Female or anything, right?"

"I'm no Alpha Female, but that doesn't mean I don't have problems," I shrug. "Speaking of which, I should be heading out now."

"Already?" Asher asks, clearly disappointed. "This is a celebration for your pack, not me," I point out. "I wouldn't want to intrude, especially since I've been overstaying my welcome lately. I came here because Plasma wanted to speak with me. Now that's done I can leave you all in peace."

"You're not intruding at all," a voice pipes up. I turn and see the Morphwing Alpha. "You're a Morphwing, of course you're welcome here. Besides, your family are here."

"So it's settled, you're staying," Asher declares with a triumphant tone. "As much as I'd love to, I need to get home anyway, Asher," I tell him. "No you don't," he says. "You can stay here. We want you here."

"Asher-" I'm cut off when I'm grabbed by four small talons. "Don't go!" Melanite begs, hugging me tightly. I hold out my arm and she scuttles along it, looking at me with wide eyes.

"Melanite, I have to go," I tell her, stroking her scales. "My pack needs me back at the sanctuary, anyway."

"Can I come with you?" She asks hopefully. I think about it for a moment, then nod. "If Selene says it's alright, okay?"

"Yay!" She cheers and runs over to Selene, who just arrived at the scene and is looking at us in confusion. "Can I go with Indigo?" Melanite begs. "Please please please!"

"You're leaving already?" Selene asks. "Yes," I confirm. "Melanite wanted to join me, as you can tell. Though she isn't going anywhere without your consent."

"And neither are you," Selene declares. "You need to be around your kind more often. Besides, I love having you around. I hate it when you leave. We've already been separated far too long."

"I can't stay forever," I point out. "You can, though," she smirks as if she's figured out a way for it to be possible. Oh no...

Before I can react, I've been bundled up in her wings. "Let me out," I order her, trying to keep calm. "Not until you agree to stay," she replies. "Just pointing it out, I have a sword that could kill you if you so much as touch it," I say.

"You would never hurt a dragon though," she points out. "How come this is the only time anyone will believe me on that?" I ask. I feel her shrugging.

"Indigo, go to sleep," Asher says. "It's late. You were talking with Plasma for a long time." "I'm not going to rest until I'm back with my pack," I claim. "Nothing will change that."

"Alpha, is it okay if...?"

"That's not my place, Selene. You know this."

"Have any of you seen Indigo?"

The last sentence causes me to perk up slightly. "In here," I say to Plasma. "She tried to leave," Selene explains the situation for his benefit. "But she's not going anywhere as far as I'm concerned."

"Good, I want her to stick around," Plasma says. "So I'm stuck in here forever, great," I sigh boredly. "Just until we can convince you to stay," Plasma replies. "Father, do you mind...?"

"I already told you, I'm not going to interfere with things that aren't my business," The Alpha states. "This is your business!" Plasma states. "Come here, I'll tell you why."

I can hear the Alpha moving towards Plasma, then after a few seconds pass he walks back over. "Indigo," He says, the way his voice is more gravelly now suggesting that he's in his dragon form. "Go to sleep."

I can feel it right away. He's trying to command me with his abilities as an Alpha. The pull is much stronger than it was with Toothless and the fact that I was already in the wings of a dragon makes it even harder to ignore.

I grow drowsy, not a good state to be in. "Go to sleep," he orders again. A fresh onslaught starts and my eyelids feel heavy. I don't think I can disobey him for much longer.

Indigo, focus.

I'm instantly snapped out of it when I hear Alpine's voice in my head.

I can feel that you're being controlled by another Alpha, or at least they're attempting it.

They won't get nothing from me.

Good. I know you can keep your head.

"Go to sleep," The Alpha orders a final time, but this time my thoughts turn to Alpine and leave me immune to the command. "You can't control me," I say, my voice calm yet strong.

I try to pry Selene's wings apart and she's so surprised that I wasn't affected that it works. I stand at my full height in front of the Alpha, who is looking at me in shock.

"You should be asleep by now," Asher says in amazement, staring at me, mouth agape. Even Plasma looks surprised and impressed.

I glare daggers at them all, save for innocent Melanite. "You don't control me," I repeat, my eyes meeting theirs. I start walking towards the exit. They only watch me go.

As I reach the exit I turn around and catch the Alpha's eyes out of the rest of the Morphwings, who are still enjoying themselves and oblivious to what happened. "You don't control me. You're not my Alpha."