Chapter 10: The Staffroom of Charms High

Miss Crimson walked into the classroom. The room turned tense. None dared to make a sound. The teacher’s eyes glared at all of them in anger.

“Do you all have any idea what you’ve done?” Miss Crimson asked, her face turned a dark shade of red as she said this.  “You destroyed my classroom!” she yelled in fury.

”But Miss it wasn’t our fault, the dragons they went mad as soon as you left” Jinx tried to explain.

 “Students have been taking care of the dragons for generations and have never done this badly...until now” replied the teacher in an icy tone that made Jinx shudder in fear. “Normally I would have you take care of the dragons as a punishment, but from the state of this classroom I have a feeling that half the school would be destroyed if the dragons were in your hands. So each of you will receive a new punishment and I can guarantee that it will be much worse. Now get out!”  She said.

 The girls all left the room running to the dorms in fear.

Miss Crimson looked around the classroom and sighed.

  “If every lesson ends up like this with this class I’ll kill myself” she muttered, glancing at the several broken jars scattered on the floor.

Most of this equipment will be difficult to replace she thought. Miss Crimson waved her wand and said “fixate” and dark red coloured magic released from her wand in several directions. The magic spread across the classroom lifting any boxes to their original place, repairing any broken jars.

 In just a few minutes everything had been fixed and the classroom had almost returned to its original state, apart from a few empty jars. Miss Crimson waved her wand again and the dragons returned to the portraits hung up on the walls.

Miss crimson left the classroom. She walked past a few classrooms and students and glared at them as she passed. Soon she reached a wall with a large painting. The painting was of a room with white walls, some black leather sofas surrounding a small T.V., a table could be seen on the right side of the room and a small kitchen was seen on the left.

If you looked at the picture closely for a long time, you would see that the people in the picture looked like the teachers at charms high and every once and a while another teacher would be added or there would be none at all.

The painting began to glow once a teacher came near and door suddenly appeared in the painting. Miss Crimson opened the door and walked in.  This painting was the entrance to the staffroom.

......

Meanwhile back in the dorms the girls were getting cleaned up. Many of the princesses were in the showers but some were drying or straightening their hair. The Chavs were listening to some loud rap music, and the Emo’s were sharpening their wands ready to fight the Chavs because of their “terrible music”.

 The first years were running around the dorm like wild animals and Jinx was talking to Kate. Overall the dorm was very chaotic. Bridget and a few geeks walked into the dorms carrying their backup laptops. Bridget tried to get everyone’s attention but to no avail.

Kate shook her head some things need to be done properly she thought as she made a loud whistle. Everyone looked at her direction as she spoke,

 “Bridget’s trying to say something so shut up and listen” she said in a firm voice.

Bridget mouthed a “thank you” to Kate and said “Well we’ve got some new cameras around the school, even in the staffroom”

Everyone stayed silent and listened with interest. None of the students knew where the staffroom was and wondered how the Geeks had managed to sneak a camera in there.