Chapter 14: A "special" Welcome From the Frst Years

Hey guys, sorry for not updating for a long time. This is not the hockey game yet because the 'special welcome' is way too long to put together

 Two weeks later

Jinx walked out towards the hockey pitch along with the other members of the team. Today was the day of the match and everyone was preparing for it. 

Kelly had called the team for a quick meeting to explain their game plan. "That goal on our right, is our goal.” she said pointing towards a goal at the far end of the pitch. “Anyway, as for the game plan, in the first round we can’t use any powers so for the first five minutes we’ll play normally absolutely no violence in front of the referee.” she continued. “After those five minutes are up we play our usual way since the ref will be off the pitch. ” she clarified.

“Uh, how and why will the ref be off the pitch?” Jinx asked curiously.

“Oh, with some extremely strong herbal tea made by Beth.” explained Kate cheekily. 

This plan makes perfect sense Jinx thought sarcastically.

“Okay, so after the referee’s gone, the fun starts.” She replied with a smirk that was similar to Kate’s. "So, in the first round you need to be able to distract the boys and make them not score no matter what. That means, violence, seduction and any forms of cheating are allowed.” she explained mainly to the new players. “We are going to do that by having the players who are Princesses on defence, they’ll distract the boys and a few Chavs can knock ‘em dead, while getting the ball. As for the attackers, you’ll be stopping them and scoring no matter what; the girls will also be helping. You’ll see how.” she finished after seeing some confused looks from the younger girls.

Jinx was surprised by most of the game plan. Even though Chloe had given her a brief introduction about the try-outs, the young Witch still wondered what an earth a hockey match was like at Charms High and if she had the courage to play in one.

“The second round is where the game truly starts.” smirked Kate. “In the second round you can use your powers so use this to you advantage. Do whatever it takes to score a goal and defend the team against the boys. Trust me, this is crucial; you’ll be at an advantage because the boys won’t use all their powers on us innocent little school girls.” she finished off.

“Alright, now that that’s sorted, is the special welcome ready?” Kelly asked.

“Uh, from what I hear the first years are ready.” Kate replied.

“Great. What have they done this year?” asked the Head girl curiously.

Kelly had put the first years in charge of creating a “special” welcome for the boys at Hillingdon Academy. Kelly had asked Kate to keep an eye on the first years so they didn’t cause any serious damage.  Jinx had heard that the first years had spent the past three weeks working on their special welcome and there were several rumours of what it might be from paintballing all the way  to explosives. But none of the older girls knew the real ideas.