Chapter 18: Family

Hey guys here's a nice long chapter to make up for the short and boring chapter I uploaded a few days ago. Enjoy!

“Ok guys, what’s going on where are we?” Jinx asked as she looked around, this was definitely not the Charms High they knew. This is a bad situation Jinx thought.

The young witches hurried towards a corner, it didn’t matter that people could go through them they still felt like they stood out of the crowd.

“I think we’re in the diary” Bridget stated.   The girls stared at her stunned and confused.

 Is that even possible, can books do tha in the magic world? Jinx wondered, she had gotten used to many aspects of magic at Charms High and had never heard about a book having the ability to get the reader into the story. Literally.

“It could be a trans-portal book. A novel that transports whoever reads it into the story and they can’t be seen by whoever’s been written into the book” Natalia suggested.

“Yes but they stopped being made decades ago since it nearly got leaked to the mortals. So why would there be one in the ‘70’s?” Bridget questioned.

“Our school has a history of not following the council’s rules. I bt that some students still kept these books hidden in the school“ Kate suggested.

“But only the writer of the trans-portal book can actually transport into it along with the others around them” Alice reminded them.

“So that means we were able to get into the book ‘cause whover wrote it allowed us. But Jinx’s the one who touched it and she didn’t write it.” Rachel noted. “ Nice to hear you can speak in proper sentences Chav” Andrea remarked. Rachel rolled her eyes as Andrea continued” they also work if someone has the writer’s blood” She noticed the looks of horror from the girls, What’s wrong with what I said? Andrea wondered.

“Not literally. I mean if they’re related to the writer” Andrea corrected when she realised what was going through their heads.

“So I’m related to whoever wrote this?” Jinx asked, the others nodded in agreement.

“The question is who wrote this” Kate stared, as she peeked around the corner to check if the coast was clear. Hang on, they can’t see us so what’s the point in hiding? she realised, as she walked back into the hallway.

The others came to the same conclusion and followed her.  Just then they saw a young girl with curly chestnut brown hair and very familiar coal black eyes. The girl was dressed in what appeared to be the standard Charms High uniform with the addition of a red velvet blazer which flared slightly at the hips and red platforms. She looked exactly like Jinx.

“I think we’ve found who wrote this diary. Jinx I think she’s your mother” Kate stated, as they followed the girl.

“Jules! Wait up! Juliet Granger slow down!” yelled a girl with with curly red hair and green eyes.

“Sorry bella, I was caught up in my own thoughts about some stuff” the girl named Juliet admitted.

“ some stuff or someone” the other girl bella winked. Juliet blushed in response. “This came for you in the post” she said as she handed Juliet an envelope.

“Thanks Bella” Juliet replied as she waked away.

Just then the scene changed at the girls found themselves in the dorms. It was very different from what they were used to, there were lava lamps around the room, a disco ball on the ceiling and there were several girls dressed in 70’s style clothes, ranging from mini-skirts and tube-tops, floral dresses, waist length jeans, crop-tops and leather blazers.