Beating around the bush (Barbara x reader)

Request: Barbara Kean x female reader: The reader and Barbara have a friends with benefits relationship, so technically they're free to do whatever (and whoever) they want

Request: Barbara Kean x female reader: The reader and Barbara have a friends with benefits relationship, so technically they're free to do whatever (and whoever) they want. When Barbara notices the reader gravitate toward Tabitha, she starts to get jealous which makes the reader and her time together a bit more rougher, leading the reader to ask about what's bothering her. After the reader seemingly falls asleep, Barbara says that she has fallen for her, then the reader tells her the same.

Another morning of waking up naked in Barbara's bed, your friend Barbara's bed.

That's what you had agreed upon after all, you and Barbara sleeping together but your friendship would remain just that, a friendship.

At first the two of you also slept with other people, whether they were someone who had been flirting with you at the bar or if simply one of you was horny and the other was busy that night, but overtime you both lost interest in being with anyone else though you had trouble admitting it.

You didn't want Barbara knowing that you weren't seeing anyone else because you were afraid of her confirming that all you were to her was a friend with benefits, you didn't know that she had felt the same.

After getting dressed, you and Barbara went out to meet up with Tabitha for a job.

Barbara picked up on how close you and Tabitha had gotten recently and couldn't help but wonder if you had been sleeping with her too.

She didn't confront you about it, she told herself that it was your business and you weren't dating her exclusively so you were free to sleep with whoever you wanted but she still felt a sting of jealousy whenever she saw you and Tabitha together.

This led to your next string of hookups being rougher then they normally were and Barbara was quite the kinky woman so that was really saying something.

You fell onto your back after going at it for three hours, shifting to get comfortable against the pillows as you tried to catch your breath.

You glanced over at Barbara who was smirking to herself.

"Someone's proud of themselves," you chuckled.

"I bet Tabitha can't fuck you like that now can she," Barbara stated bluntly.

"Why would Tabitha be fucking me at all?" you asked.

"Oh please Y/N, I see you two."

"Barbara what are you talking about? There's nothing going on between Tabitha and I, is this why you've been acting weird lately?"

"Forget it Y/N, just go to sleep," Barbara said turning off the light next to her bed.

You knew you wouldn't get anything out of Barbara if you pushed her so you just tried to fall asleep.

Half an hour later you heard Barbara talking, presumably thinking you were asleep by now.

"I hate seeing you and Tabitha together, I hate seeing you with anyone that's not me," she said quietly, you stayed silent so she wouldn't know you were awake, "I know we are supposed to be just friends and all but sometimes I want more than that with you... I think I love you and I haven't felt that way about someone in a long time."

You couldn't stay quiet anymore after hearing her say those words.

You turned over so you facing her, "I love you too Barbara."

"You do?" she asked, still surprised to know you had heard her talking.

"Yes, I... I never told you because I didn't think you felt the same. I swear there's nothing between me and Tabitha, I haven't even been with anyone else but you in nearly six months."

"I haven't been with anyone else either," she admitted.

"So let's stop beating around the bush, no more just friends with benefits, an actual relationship, you and me."

"Alright," she smiled.

"Alright," you repeated before kissing her.