1

"It won't be that bad, honey." My mom tries to reassure.

"You only say that because you're old and you don't care about making new friends." I sigh.

She scoffs as she pushes her hair behind her ear.

"Insulting me isn't going to help your case." My mother says while trying to unpack one of the many boxes that were surrounding her.

"Why did we have to move anyway? I was perfectly happy where we were." I pout.

"How about you go and explore the neighborhood. Maybe find some friends so that when school starts again you'll have people you know." My mom says, offering a smile.

I sigh and walk to my room and rummage through boxes.

If I was going to go out and try to make friends while being the antisocial ass I am I might as well look good doing it.

Once I find some nicer clothes I fix my hair and grab my phone before heading out.

I wasn't sure where to go so I stood on the porch and looked around.

Come on y/n, you can do this.

Yeah no, I can't.

I go to turn back around but I hear a voice call out to me.

Turning in the direction the voice came from, I point to myself in confusion.

"Yeah, you."

The voice belonged to a guy with black hair that was parted down the middle almost.

The first thing I noticed were how plump and nice his lips were.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"You just moved in, right? My friends and I were wondering who it was gonna be.. although we weren't expecting such a pretty girl."

His words make me shift in my spot, my skin beginning to burn.

"Yeah.."

"You don't have any friends yet, right?"

He stands there and waits for my answer in which I reply with a shrug.

"Come on over and we can be friends." He says as he smiles.

"You seem a bit sketchy.. I'm not sure I want to do that. Thanks for the offer though." I click my tongue and turn around, heading right back inside.

Like I said, antisocial.

I'd rather be alone anyway.

Besides, his words sounded anything but normal.

How many people say that to someone they just meet?

I shake it off and make my way through the living room, only to be stopped by my mom.

"I thought you were out exploring."

She stares at me with that certain mom stare everyone knows about while placing one hand on her hip.

"Why should I explore when I'll just be in the house the rest of the break anyway?" I scoff.

She shakes her head and walks away.

It's okay, one day my mom would understand that I don't like to socialize with other humans.

Instead, I'll sit in my room and scroll the internet while eating lots of food.

That's what I call living life to the fullest, my friend.

I skip up the stairs to my room and look around.

I had a lot of things to unpack and I didn't want to do any of it.

I didn't want to move in the first place.

Who would even want to when you're going to be a senior in high school when the school year starts.

I had to leave all of my friends in Ilsan for this.

I guess I would just have to deal with but that doesn't mean the fact that I was very butthurt would go away anytime soon.
••
As I'm unpacking my things, I play music.

I was a more than one genre of music kind of girl.

I'd listen to anything as long as it had a good beat to it.

I dance along to the music as I unpack my things.

The music definitely made the process go by faster.

Finally, I had finished.

All I had to do now was make my bed and I would be done.

Knowing that, I of course did that job quickly.

Looking around at the finished product, I fall back into my bed.

I definitely did like how big this house was considering it was just my mother, father, and I.

Suddenly a sound scares me out of my thoughts and I jolt upwards.

I snap my head in the direction of the noise and my eyes widen at what I see.

Outside of my window I see a familiar face.

I blink a couple times before making my way over.

"Open the window, would you?"

It was the guy from earlier.

"Why the hell would I do that?" I ask.

"I'm a good guy, okay. I'm not going to kill you or anything." He sighs.

Before I go on, let me explain how this was.

The way my house is set up there is a roof area that connects to the other house.

Kind of like a shared balcony.

Just my luck, this creepy guy lives next door.

"Yeah right. I don't know you at all. Why would I let you into my house?" I ask.

This guy is crazy.

"Then come out here and talk with me." He says as he backs up from the window.

Should I really trust this guy that I don't even know?

I study his smiling face.

Well I guess if I die I don't have to go to this new school.

"Okay."

[...]
-
A/n: So this is the new book!!
Like I said, I'm still in the process of writing it and I haven't been at it lately because the writers block is strong. I'll try my best to start up again though. As for right now, I'll update everyday just like I always have. (Unless I have a reason I can't.)
From what I've heard Wattpad is fixed so hopefully everything goes smoothly.
I hope you guys enjoy this book and are looking forward to it. I know that before I had writers block I was writing so much that I couldn't even put my phone down because I liked this story so much. I hope you guys are looking forward to it and like it too. ❤️❤️