Chapter 15: Brennen

After a long night of crying and short naps it was finally 6am and I decided to get dressed and head downstairs.

Due to the lack of sleep and my current emotional state I didn't care what I looked like and put on my "Too Much Scotty" black retro hoodie and some large grey track pants. I ran a brush through my hair and put it in a messy bun.

Down stairs I was met with a very worried looking Colby. "Oh no" I thought. I was terrified of what Brennen may do if I did tell Colby so I promise myself to act strong.

"Where were you last night?" He ran up to me meeting me at the bottom of the stairs. "In my room" I shortly and quietly responded removing myself from his grip and heading to the kitchen. "Esme, I was at the shop for 15 minutes and when I came back I heard you sobbing upstairs." He looked at me tears welling in his eyes.

"Sorry," I cried. "Babe don't be sorry just tell me what happened, please" he cupped my cheek wiping away the single tear.

There was a long and silent pause Colby looking deep into my glossy green eyes, just as our lips were about to meet the door bell rang and Colby headed off to answer it.

I headed to the lounge room and sat down on the couch switching it onto my Netflix account I put on 'Brooklyn Nine Nine'.

"DADDY BRENNEN'S HERE," Colby entered the room with the biggest happiest grin on his face. Hearing that word 'Brennen' sent shivers down my spine, I loudly gulped leaving my eyes Glued to the screen not daring to look at him.

Colby came and sat by my side wrapping his arms around my waist. And Brennen sat on the opposite side of the couch. I still hadn't dared to look away from the tv but through the corners of my eyes I could see Brennen staring at me. It was all getting too much, I quickly kissed Colby on the cheek and then ran up stairs to my room.

I filled up Arlo's food bowel and water. He sure was a sleepy pup, when he wakes up I might take him on a walk to get me out of this house for a bit.

I heard a knock on the door and I instantly froze 'Brennen?' I thought.
"Ez, it's me" Sam said. I quickly unlocked my door and let him in.
"Hey what's up?" I sat on my bed next too Arlo.
"I know what you did with Brennen last night." He stared at me.
"W-what?" I gulped.
"Brennen told me the whole thing, how you came on to him started kissing him and all that," Sam looked at me like he was embarrassed of what 'I' did, after a long pause he started again. "I don't think you should be whatever you are with Colby anymore. I don't want him getting hurt, not again." Sam went to leave so I knew I had to get my story out.

"Sam wait!" I quickly blurted out, there was a short pause as Sam slowly turned to face me.
"Brennen attacked me and I can prove it," Sam looked worried and intrigued. "I first removed some make up on my neck covering several harsh hickeys left by Brennen. I looked at him and he still didn't believe me.