{13}

Jisung hurriedly rushed to set the jewelry out on the bench, making sure it was colour coordinated and fit the style of the high class. After hearing that a few nobles from far away were coming, he made it his mission to sell as much jewelry as he could to them, knowing full well that a few of the women will definitely take an interest in a few of the designs. He hummed as he fixed up a few minor details, finishing the placements and grinned at the finished work.

Soon after a group of fancy dressed people walked through the town market, their light chatter filling the busy the street. Jisung stared at them, hoping a few them would look his way and at the handmade jewellery. A few beautiful women made their way towards his stall and he quickly avoided their eyes, busying himself to not look like a creep.

"These are very pretty!" One of the ladies smiled, picking up a turquoise hairpin that glimmered in the light as she twirled it in her hands as she showed her friend beside her. "Don't you think Dahyun?"

The one that was referred to Dahyun nodded her head, a small smile etched on her lips in approval at the pieces in front of her and her dark eyes shining. "They are."

"Did you make these?" The one with the hairpin in her hand asked, sending a flirty smile Jisung's way, her eyelids fluttering.

Jisung inwardly cringed a little at the girl's sickly sweet voice but soon managed to give a smile, a very fake one. "A few yes, my mother made most of them."

"Awe, how sweet. Are you here selling them by yourself?" The girl continued to flirt, leaning closer to invade Jisung's personal space over the bench, causing the boy to lean away from her.

"I am." Jisung uttered, a distressed look on his face as she continued to eyes him like a hawk.

"You're so cute!" Chaeyoung squealed.

"Enough scaring him Chaeyoung, the boy looks scared to death." A new lady appeared, looking rather more mature then the other girls and she sent a reassuring smile at Jisung. "Sorry about that, this one has no manners at all."

"Hey, I was just being nice." Chaeyoung whined.

"No, you were flirting." Dahyun laughed, admiring a bracelet.

"Ugh, Jeongyeon why do you have to always come in and ruin things?" Chaeyoung huffed, storming off and Jisung sighed in relief.

Jeongyeon shrugged before her eyes met an emerald pendant necklace and she grinned, lifting it up. "This is gorgeous! Can I buy this?"

Jisunng nodded and held out his hand. "That'll be fourteen yang."

"You know you and your mother have a really good talent for making jewellery." Dahyun chimed in as Jeongyeon handed over the money, then she held up her hand up as an idea formed in her head. "Do you know how to put headpieces on?"

Jisung squinted a little, confused by the sudden question "Uh, yeah? I kind of do."

"Well that's good enough!" Dahyun grinned before shouting out to a man, and soon enough he came running towards her. "I'd like for you to get an invitation for this lovely male to accompany me and the other ladies to help us get ready for the celebration."

Jisung scrunched his face up. "Huh?"

The man nodded his head and then scurried away, leaving to do the errand he was told. Dahyun turned to Jisung and grinned, her hands clasping together. "You don't mind do you? I'll be paying for your duties of course, and the jewellery you decide to pick out for us."

"Me? Pick out jewellery for you guys?" Jisung questioned, pointing at himself.

Jeongyeon and Dahyun both giggled at Jisung's cute expression, their eyes wrinkling. If Jisung wasn't into guys - Minho specifically - he probably would have fallen for them right then and there.

"Yes silly, I have a feeling that you'll make us look our best." Dahyun grinned. "After all one of us will be marrying the crown prince."

"The prince?"

---

Minho hissed as he touched the soreness on his cheek, flinching when his fingertips barely grazed his skin. The pain was awful. Tears welled up in his eyes and he began to cry, his heart wrenching as his chest constricted with each sob.

His parents just had a way with making him feel worthless. He wiped at his eyes with the palms of his hands but the tears didn't seem to stop. At the moment all he wanted was Jisung. No. He needed him. He needed to hear the younger's cute laugh, to see his bright smile and to kiss his sweet lips.

"Minho?" Woojin's voice was heard from outside Minho's room and soon enough the older came barging in, his face full of concern. "Are you okay?!"

Minho leapt up and into Woojin's arms, his head burying into his friend's chest as he cried out. "Woojin!"

"What's the matter? What happened?" Woojin asks, pulling away to look at Minho and a look of shock appearing as he saw the massive purple and blue mark on the younger's face.

"The king..." Minho trailed, looking like a wreck.

"Shit, this is just getting out of hand." Woojin whispered, scanning the mark.

Minho looked down. "Can you help me cover it up...? I have to go greet the guests that are coming."

"You're going to greet them while you're this upset?" Woojin questions, frowning as Minho nods. "Oh Minho..."

"Please let's just get this over and done with."

Woojin nodded before exiting the room and soon returning with the necessary items to cover the mark on the prince's face as well as a bowl of water and a cloth, placing them on a nearby table. He motioned for Minho to move closer and once he did Woojin dipped the cloth in the water, squeezing it in his fist just as he lifted it out, making sure it wasn't dripping and carefully begun wiping at the tear streaked face, tying his best not to irritate the mark by doing it as softly as he could.

Minho flinched as the coolness hit the sore area causing him to hiss. "Ouch."

"I know it hurts." Woojin mumbled, continuing to lightly stroking Minho's face with the cloth.

The silence filled the room, stifling but somehow comforting to the two males. Woojin soon had Minho all fixed up as best as he could.

Minho's cheek was still swollen but Woojin did his best to conceal it. The prince was still in pain as he blinked, the swelling nearly closing up his eye. Sighing, he thanked his teacher and left the room, his head down and his hair covering up his face.

Walking down the corridors of the palace, Minho hears laughter and squeals from a room a few doors down. He follows the laughter, hearing one of the girls giggle.

"I hear the crown prince is handsome."

"Really?" Another spoke up and Minho froze, the voice achingly familiar.

"Do you know his name?" The same familiar spoke as the room went silent as Minho quietly walked past, unknown to the occupants in the room.

"No... I'm sure it was 'Min' something..." A sweet voice spoke and Minho couldn't take the tension in the air as he knocked on the door to the room once he reached it.

A charming, sweet feminine voice called out a "Come in!" and Minho walked in, greeted by several pairs of eyes and his eyes stopped at a familiar figure in the room who was sorting out the jewellery on the small table. Minho eyes the figure before watching him turn around to be faced with his lover.

"Minho?!"

"Jisung?!"

*---------------*

An update!!! Yay!!

Sorry for making a few of you wait, we had to do some editing and figure a time to send the finished copy to one another.

Anyway, thank you for reading!!

Please do tell us your thoughts as well, we appreciate the feedback more than you know.

Love from Zeera and AllyJ

(Edited by both of us)