{18}

"Now who's the one with the ridiculous idea?" Felix questions, his eyebrows furrowing. "Who knew you could be dumber than I am."

"I'm being serious."

"Mm, sure." Hyunjin shakes his head before he whispers to himself. "So stupid."

Changbin groans. "You guys don't understand, this'll work."

"No." Minho states.

"It will work."

"No!"

"Trust me."

"NO."

-

Minho heaved a sigh, his chest constricting at the thought of having to face his father. He wasn't too confident with what he was going to do, knowing full well that he might not pull this act off. Changbin's idea was horrible and to think Minho was actually doing it, had him internally screaming at himself. He lightly knocked on the door, a lump in his throat before walking inside.

"Oh, it's you." Taeho gritted his teeth, disappointed that it was his rebellious son. "What made you come here?"

"I'll do it." Minho grumbles, his hands balling into fists behind his back.

The king squinted his eyes, becoming suspicious. "Do what?"

"Marriage. I'll do it."

"What?" Taeho's face turned to a look of shock as he blinked. "No way... What are you up to?"

"Nothing. I realise I can't fight you, if I want to protect the people I care about, I'll need to suck it up and do what you say." Minho mumbles, frowning as he didn't like the words coming out of his mouth.

Taeho smirks. "Is that so? Well I'm glad. You're finally getting what it means to be in line to the throne."

Minho mentally rolled his eyes and pursed his lips. "Yeah..."

Taeho clapped his hands together, grinning. "Luckily for you, there's one girl who still wants to marry you after your incident."

Minho raised an eyebrow. "There is?"

The king nods, his face still having the hint of a stern look. "Yes. You'll be marrying her in two days."

"Two days?!" Minho exclaimed. "That soon?!"

"Are you protesting against me again?" Taeho hisses, glaring at Minho.

Yes... He thought. "No."

The king narrows his eyes at his eldest son, trying to read his son. It was one thing he hated that was passed down to his eldest son – the ability to have a blank, emotionless expression that was impossible to read.

"I know you're up to something... I don't know exactly what, but I'll find out and stop you before you start."

Minho narrowed his eyes slightly at Taeho. You will never find out. Minho had to make sure Changbin had to keep Jisung, Woojin and Chan safe. He quietly admitted, he missed Chan's spontaneous appearances, often saying 'Pfft' whenever they encountered each other and hoped Jisung wasn't too upset that he had sent the mop boy back instead of keeping him next to him.

"I'm not up to anything."

"Like I'd believe that." Taeho grits his teeth. "Now, go back to your room and I'll organise the meeting between you and your future wife."

Minho nods, bowing a goodbye to his father before exiting the room as he whispered a few curse words under his breath. He hoped his future 'bride' is someone who is very understanding of his predicament.