{15}

Minho and his brothers begun getting dressed in intricate designer clothing. An eunuch helped Minho put on the dark blue cloth, making sure it held together well for the performance. His clothing was different from his brothers, theirs were a purple colour. He hated that he had to be different from them as he was the crown prince. All Minho wanted was to fit in with them, it was all he ever wanted.

"I can't wait to see what the king has to announce." Hyunjin said to Felix as he fixed the collar on his outfit, tugging at it as tried to loosen it.

Felix nodded, admiring him his reflection of a bronze vase that sat close to him as played with his hair. "Me too, I heard from my mother that it's important for our country. Something about a.... I forgot what she said. "

"Yeah it's supposed to be big." Hyunjin nodded.

Minho eyes squinted as the two of his brothers talked, his eyebrow raising as they mentioned his father. "Wait he's announcing something?"

The two of them looked at Minho and slowly nodded. Hyunjin rubbed the back of his head, chuckling nervously. "Didn't mother tell you?"

Minho frowned. Of course his mother hadn't told him, they rarely even talked anymore. "No."

Jeongin who was on the other side of room, moved closer to Minho and patted his shoulder lightly, giving a small smile as he wanted to comfort his older brother. "I'm sure that she just forgot to tell you."

Minho shrugged him off, his eyes turning into a stern glare. "Yeah.. Like I'd believe that."

"Well I'm worried." Seungmin piped in, he too was frowning as he wrung his hands together. "I don't think it's going to be a good annoucement."

"What makes you think that?" Felix asks.

"Because father's annoucements usually end up in someone being hurt." Seungmin answered.

Hyunjin began to nervously laugh and soon enough Jeongin joined in aswell. "There's no way..."

"Surely not... "

"It's probably going to be about me." Minho states as he motioned for the eunuch to loosen the silk rope that wrapped around his waist as it seemed to be cutting into his sides. "It usually is."

The three brothers nodded relieved a little that it might not be them, except Seungmin who glanced worriedly at his oldest brother. Minho noticed his brother's expression and he smiled softly. "Don't worry, I'll be fine. I'm used to him picking on me. It's nothing new."

Silence grew over the room before the youngest out of them all ran towards a pile of masks, breaking the awkwardness and begun whining. "These masks are ugly. Why do we have to wear them?!"

"Well at least people don't have to see your face." Felix chuckled before his eyes widened as a mask came hurdling towards his face and he immediately ducked. "Hey!"

"How dare you talk about my beautiful face!"

"Beautiful?" Hyunjin looked bewildered and shook his head. "I think you're mistaken, I'm the beautiful one here."

Minho smirked, grabbing hold of a mask and got ready to attach it to his face. "I don't know what you guys are talking about, you're all delusional because I'm the attractive brother."

The room filled with laughter at Minho's claim and Minho snorted, grinning widely. "Hey! It's true."

"Okay kids, enough!" Changbin exclaims as he walks in the room and clasps his hands together. "So are you guy ready?"

Jeongin frowns and raises his hand. "Uh... I'm kinda nervous."

"Awe the youngest is scared." Felix teases.