Meeting North

Sang**

    Lunch was delicious. I had never had Chinese food before but I knew now that I would have it often. Even the company was good. I got to know them and they get to know me. They didn't ask about my family which made me grateful. I think these amazingly good looking men were going to be great friends.

    I made plans with each of them individually. Nathan was going to take me to a martial arts competition, Silas wanted to take me sailing, Gabriel wanted to go shopping, Sean just wanted a dinner/ movie night and of course I just had to go see the babies at the hospital with him. I couldn't say no when his eyes sparkled with excitement. Victor wanted to take me to the spa and although I wasn't sure how I felt about a stranger touching me, I agreed. Luke wanted to take me to a trade show where we could try out all kinds of new foods and look at all the new items coming in for the year. Finally Owen wanted to take me to a concert. I knew it would be classical music and I was excited about that since I've always wanted to go.

    I had two more guys in the group to meet and if they were anything like the seven I was hanging out with, I knew I would like them instantly. There was just something about this group that made me feel as though I am living. I felt free but also protected and safe, like they would always be there to help me.

    After lunch I headed back to the room to take a nap. Sean gave me some pain medicine that had me so tired I could barely keep my eyes open.

    My mother had me by the hair screaming in my face. I could see Marie getting closer out of the corner of my eye. The two of them were out for blood and I wanted to cry and beg them to stop.

    "Why couldn't you just stay invisible. You took everything from me!" Marie seethed.

"What did I do?" I cried. If I kept them talking, I could try to get away. It was my only chance.

"They were supposed to be mine. Those guys saw you, saw how easy you were. They didn't want me after that. They wanted trash instead of class."

"I don't know what you're talking about." I whispered

"Those nine guys were supposed to be with me, take care of me, love me, they wanted me until you showed up." Marie was angry. I had never seen her that mad before. Her face was splotched red and you could see scratch marks on  her face from clawing at it.

"Marie, just do it.  Just one shot and you'll never have to deal with her again. Those guys will come back to you. They will love you once she's gone." My mother said talking to Marie as if she was a five year old.

    I looked up just when she brought the gun up and pointed it right at my head. I heard her take off the safety. This was it, I was going to die.

"The Blackbourne team is mine." She screamed as she pulled the trigger.

    I woke up with a gasp. I knew I had tears streaming down my face but I didn't care. I was scared. Leaving was for the best. I just hope they gave up and started living happier lives since I was out of the picture now.

    I stiffened when the air shifted. The door opened bringing in a bright light before it was shut again and the room went back into darkness.

"Sang baby?" An unfamiliar voice said.

"Yes?" I question as I hear him getting close to the bed. I can see a little bit of him from the light coming through the window. He was tall maybe an inch shorter than Silas and dressed in dark colors. But that's all I could see.

"Are you ok? I heard you groaning in your sleep. Did you have a nightmare?"  His voice was rough as though he was trying to keep it low.

"Who are you?" I asked quietly. 

"I'm North. Sorry should've introduced myself. I hope I didn't scare you." He sat down on the edge of the bed close to me but not close enough to make me feel uncomfortable.

"You didn't. And yes, I had a bad dream."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

   North was being sweet but I couldn't tell him about that part of my life. I didn't want the guys to quit talking to me because of my messed up childhood. 

"No thanks. I'd rather forget about it." I tell him honestly.  

"Oh." I saw him hang his head before he got off the bed. "It was a pleasure to meet you Sang. You missed dinner so if you get hungry, there's leftovers in the fridge for you." He went to leave.

    There was something about him that made me want him to stay.  Something inside of me telling me that he would keep the nightmares away.

"Hey North?"

"Yea Sang baby?"

"Will you stay with me?" I wasn't sure if I wanted him to say yes or not. I've never slept in a bed with anyone so I was extremely nervous but if by chance he would keep the nightmares away then I was going to take it.

"Yeah baby. I'll stay with you." He took off his shoes and jeans and then climbed under the covers that I held up for him.

    North pulled me into his chest and started running his fingers through my hair. Within a few minutes I was out.

North***

    I didn't make it home in time to meet Sang. I was so pissed off by what we heard that I drove way over the speed limit to get back to the house and check on her. Logically I knew she was ok with my brothers but until I saw her in person, I was going to worry.

    As soon as I got home, she was asleep. I was hoping she'd wake up for dinner and Kota and I would get to meet her. I was tired of hearing my brothers gush about her like she was their first crush. Damn it, I needed to meet this girl.

    Sang slept all day and throughout dinner. She slept through the two movies we watched. Sean checked on her twice just to make sure everything was ok.

    When it was time for bed, I couldn't get myself to fall asleep. I hated my assignment but if it would protect the girl that I haven't even met, who all of my brothers seem to be falling for then I would.

    I decided to get dressed and go for a ride on my bike to calm my nerves when I heard the first groan. It was coming from the room beside mine, the one that Sang was sleeping in. When I heard it a second and third time, I couldn't help myself.

    I walked to her room and went inside. We talked and then she surprised me by asking me to stay with her. I couldn't help but pull her in my arms and play with her hair until she fell asleep.

    I'm going to protect this girl from her family, from the dumb jocks that hang out with Marie, I'm going to protect her from everything.

    She's the one for our family. I know she is, I can feel it. It doesn't matter that I've only just met her. Sang Sorenson will be ours.

***Thank you to everyone that has read, voted, and commented on this story. I wrote an original book a while ago and was afraid to try and self publish it. You all have helped with your comments encouraging me to keep doing what I love. So thank you for that. I'm going to try to post as much as I can for you while still staying ahead on the chapters. My 2 little ones have been keeping me busy so hopefully within the next few weeks I'll be able to finish this. Again, thank you for sticking with me. ***

**oh and sorry if there are a lot of mistakes. I use my phone to write because my little ones mess with my lap top too much and auto correct really likes to mess with me sometimes.***