Richie 2

a/n: man, I'm honestly so stressed out over jillie shit lmao 

*jesus I'm not hating on Jacob tho* 

I mean, if Millie's happy whatever 

anyways here's ur part 2 xD 

-

months went by since the two had last seen each other. y/n made sure to call him at least twice a day. they missed each other dearly, but they knew it wasn't their choice. 

but as the year rolled around, it became one special day for Richie tozier. 

he woke up to the sound of his bedroom phone ringing in his ear. he groaned realizing that it was indeed a school day. he sat up, picking up the phone. "hello?" he said. "happy birthday baby!" said the voice on the other end. 

"y/n you remembered?" he laughed. 

"of course silly!" she giggled. 

"well thanks babe." he said, yet he didn't sound very happy. 

"Richie..are you ok?" y/n asked. 

"a/n I cant do this." he said. 

"c-cant do what?" 

"its just- tomorrow will be-"

"the day we met..." she finished. 

"yeah...y/n this is too hard."  "trust me rich, I know it is, but we can do it, I know we can-" 

"can we really?" 

"Richie please-"

"gotta go, school. later."

and all that day didn't go so bad, henry gave Richie what he liked to call "a free pass" since it was his birthday, and the losers got him presents and cake and all that shit, but it still didn't seem the same. it wasn't without her. 

"happy birthday dear Richie, happy birthday to you!" everyone finished singing as Richie blew out the candles, making a wish. he wished for her. 

but he told himself he'd still have fun, he knew how hard his friends and family worked to make this happen. 

-

"thanks for everything guys." Richie said after opening all but one of the presents. 

"well, actually, there's one more thing." his mom said, winking at the other kids. 

Richie confusedly looked around, seeing what present he missed. 

"what do you mean?" he asked. 

then the doorbell rang just in time. 

"who's that?" he asked his friends. "well why don't you go see??" Stan said, eager for him to open the damn door. Richie hesitantly pulled open the door to reveal someone he thought he'd never see again. 

"y-y/n...y/n is it really you?" he asked with tears in his eyes. 

"yeah, yeah it's me. happy birthday rich." she smiled, worried that he might not want to even see her after so long. 

"BABY!" he yelled before pulling her into his embrace. "I missed you so much! how, how are you here? I thought-"

"surprise number two, I'm staying with an aunt who lives here! Richie I'm staying!" she squealed. 

he couldn't say anything else, so he literally just hugged her again. it reminded him of when they hugged right before she moved, but this time they were happier. 

he felt all sadness leave him as if it were never there. 

she made the darkness go away. 

y/n was his sunshine. 

-

y/n stayed at Richie's house over night so they could catch up. they were currently on the couch, cuddling and watching sixteen candles for some reason. he played with her soft hair as she buried her face in his chest. "your hair got longer." he whispered. "you noticed that?" she asked, looking up at him. "mhm." he hummed. she smiled at the thought of him noticing the slightest difference in her. 

"missed you." 

"missed you more." he said. 

"so, what'd you wish for?"

"hm?" 

"when you blew out your candles, what'd you wish for?" she repeated. 

he stared into her eyes for a moment before answering. 

"I wished for you." 

-

a/n: that was cute but kinda trash so sorry :/

happy Friday babes ! 

- ang <3