0 | 7

"I-I don't do animals."

meet chucks | ella

____

I swiped the lone tear that was falling down my face, as I watched Jake storm out of the cafeteria.

Why did it upset him so much? I mean, before he looked like he could think of nothing better than for me to not exist.

Mads shuffled beside me putting a big smile on her face, I could see it was only for me though. "Don't worry about Jake, he- he's had a tough time lately. It's not you. He just... changes quickly."

"Is he bipolar? Is that why he's here?" I asked. Trying to comprehend what's happened.

"No. Jake... It's not really my story to tell. HELL! I don't even know all of it. He's just been through a lot, it starts to take a toll after a while, ya know?"

"Yeah... Yeah I do..." I said softly.

"Well. Let's go unpack! I'm guessing you brought stuff with you?"

Oh God...

"Shit. I just forgot about that. Quick let's go!" I grabbed her arm and pulled her along towards the room I was allocated earlier.

"ELLA! What's the big deal?" Mads said while rushing down the hall. It was pretty empty everyone still eating, so Mads screeching drew out Jakes attention, with him running round the corner.

Great. Just what I needed.

"What the hell are you screeching about Mads!" Jake called, following us as I continued to drag Mads down the hall.

I ran into my room ushering Mads in and giving a glare to Jake as he walked in behind her before I slammed the door closed.

"You know we aren't supposed to close the doors?" Jake muttered.

"Oh! Shut up Jake." Mads said rolling her eyes, while I scrambled to my suitcase opening it up and pulling the box out.

I heard the soft purr as I slowly lifted the lid off the box.

"WHAT THE HE-" Jake started.

"SHHHHHH!!!!" I lifted my finger to his mouth, Jake and Mads now sitting on either side of me on the floor.

I looked into his eyes as they widened, the green in them sparking, I could feel the softness of his lips against my finger.

Snapping out of the trance I turned my attention down to the box, at my baby sound asleep.

I picked her up gently, her fluffy grey fur brushing against my fingers as I cradled her. I stroked her face, her whiskers twitched as her bright blue eyes slowly opened to look into mine. She meowed looking up at me.

I lifted her higher in my arms before facing the others.

"Mads. Jake. Meet Chucks. My cat."

____

It had been only a few seconds, but the silence was killing me as I stared at them.

Suddenly Mads face broke out into a gigantic smile. "Give me. Give me. Give me!" She squealed reaching for Chucks. I smiled back and passed her to Mads, she cuddled into her and purred. "Oh my God. I love her." Mads cooed tapping her nose.

Meanwhile Jake was still staring in shock. "Y-you smuggled in a cat? W-why?" He asked his voice slightly high pitched, as he stared in horror.

"Uhhh... Well someone has to look after her?"

"Can't your dad? Mum?"

"Mum's not around anymore. And dad. Well... He forgets things sometimes. Like feeding himself. Could you imagine him having to remember to feed a cat as well."

That brought a smile to Jakes face.

He looked cute with one.

"You wanna hold him?" Mads asked lifting Chucks towards Jakes faced, and Chucks meowed cutely staring at him, wanting to be held.

Jake scrambled to the other side of the tiny room.

"N-No thank you. I-I don't do animals."

"What? Why not?" I asked.

"I just don't..." He said quietly.

Okay then...

Pulling out Chucks bed, I placed the light blue, fluffy thing on the beside table, Mads placing Chucks in it.

"Let's start unpacking, shall we?" I asked rubbing my hands together with a grin.

___

Nearly an hour later we were done and lounging around in my room me and Mads were huddled looking through my collection of Frankie magazines. I heard a click as Mads took another photo of a page.

"We should definitely make those! Don't you want a scarf Jake."

Jake didn't answer. We both sat up from the rug in the corner, our music playing softly in the background. My eyes landed on the bed.

And there lay the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Jake was asleep snoring lightly, Chucks laying on his stomach snuggling into him, Jakes hand holding her.

CLICK.

"Oh man." Mads sighs with a laugh.

CLICK.

"I think he likes her." She said taking another photo.

CLICK.

"He's never living this down ya know?" She grinned staring at me, and for once, I found myself genuinely smiling back.

Maybe rehab won't be so bad.

____

AWWWW.....

Sorry for the lack of updates lately I had writers block then was swamped with uni, but I'm nearly done so I should be writing more.

I hope you enjoyed it.

And just a reminder...