0 | 9

"Jake is going to have a fit."

well hells bells | ella

____

"Hey Ella!" Mads voice called from outside my door.

"Yeah?" I called back.

"Since I'm leaving soon I managed to con the man that runs this shit hole to let me go shopping. Wanna come seeing as your not or lockdown like Jake?"

"Yeah I guess! Give me a minute I'll just get changed." I ran into the bathroom racing to put on mascara and ran a comb through my hair. I've never really been shopping with anyone other than my dad before. I mean I had friends I guess, but the kind of I'll sit with you at lunch to not seem like a loner, but I don't give a fuck about you, and couldn't care less kind of friends.

We all have one or two of them.

"Should I bring a bag?" I yelled to Mads.

"Yeah! Hey wanna get-"

The door swung open to reveal Jake in front of Mads. "What the hell? Why don't you guys open the door and just speak to each other like normal people? I mean it's not like Ella's naked! Jesus the whole institute heard your conversation!" Jake fell onto my bed face first, the blanket muffling the rest of his words.

"New flash Jake we aren't normal." Mads said rolling her eyes.

"And why do you care anyway Jake?" I asked curious.

He looked up at me and Mads. "It's not fair. Do you guys have to leave me here alone?" He mumbled, his lips pouting, making him look damn adorable.

"Awwww... Jakey likes us. He's gonna miss his best friends." Mad cooed scratching Jakes head.

"No I'm not..." Jake started but Mads cut him off.

"You didn't care about where I went before Ella came? Hmm? Why don't you just read, we won't stop you for once."

"I don't wanna read." He mumbled.

Well hells bells.

That's a first.

"Have you hit your head Jake. Are you feeling okay?" I ask rushing over and coddling him like Mads.

"Get off meeee!!!!" He yelped as we climbed on the bed smothering him with tickles. "No. No stop pleaaaaase!" He gasped.

Mads looked at me and nodded. We jumped up and ran out of the room leaving him behind.

"BYE JAKE!" we both called back as we laughed our asses off down the hall.

"YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS!" He called back.

___

"So... I'm leaving in two day's Ella. Thus! We must throw a party. The staff won't know of course. But! We need to get some clothes. So, what do you say? Food or clothes first?"

"Hmmm... Maybe food, that way our clothes will fit even if we eat shitloads."

"Good choice. Good choice my friend."

We continued to walk through the shopping centre after lunch, stopping in every time we saw something we liked. Before eventually finding a store with good clothes. We started to shift thought the racks.

"What size are you Els?" Mads asked. She'd decided that she would choose my clothes. Apparently, my current options weren't 'bold' enough.

"Uhhh... Extra, Extra small..." I said softly. I wasn't proud of my size. I used to be just small, hell sometimes even medium. But with everything taking it's toll... well we can't have everything.

Mads looked at me with understanding in her eyes. "Don't worry I've been there, I understand. People want it so much, but when you actually have it... Well it's not all it's cracked up to be is it?"

Nope. It wasn't.

But Mads did understand which helped. She told me a few day's ago why she was in the institution. Mads was on the verge of being tubed, not for breathing though. Pressure can be a big thing. But look at her now. I thought as she smiled brightly at me. Everyday that passed Mads got a little better, hell, she was glowing now. She wasn't perfect, but she was recovering and that's all that really matters. Trying.

"Okay. You have to wear this." She said holding up a black distressed t-shirt dress with a band logo on it. Glasses, fishnets and gold jewellery. She whistles. People won't be able to keep their eye's off you.

Looking at the outfit I felt a twitch of nerves, but they were soon replaced by confidence.

I can pull this off.

I will pull this off.

"Okay..."

"Good! I mean you didn't have a choice but well... come on let's go get you to try it on." She grabbed my arm and pulled me along to the dressing rooms.

I came back out five minutes later ready to show Mads.

I was happy. For the first times I looked in the mirror and was proud of what stared back at me.

"Holy SMOKES!" Mads whistled again. "Jake is going to have a fit." Mads winked at me.

She'd done this a lot lately ever since Jake helped me with my... situation, she'd not stopped with the comments.

You know he looks at you every time you're not looking right.

He won't stop talking about you.

He's getting better, happier since you came Ella.

It shouldn't make me happy. But it did. I guess I like Jake. But who wouldn't? He's nice when you get to know him, and he's pretty damn good looking.

"Okay you have to get this!" Mads squealed, and I nodded smiling.

After changing and buying the clothes we started to head off back to the institute.

"So your dad's coming to see you tonight... How do you feel about that?" Mads asked while sucking on her bubble tea. I could hear the jelly and it was sucked up the big straw.

"Good. I feel good. I miss him heaps, but I'm going to stay hear as long as I can. Maybe see if he can visit more often. I-I love him, but I feel more alive here, not just watching tv all day. Ya know? It's something about being with people like you a little, it's just better."

"Yeah" Slurrp. "I know what you mean, if I hadn't met Jake. I don't think I would still be here. I don't know if he would be either."

"Yeah. Me too."

____

Yo guys! I'm sorry but my chapters just seem to keep getting longer... anyways, I now have a cover shop so please comment I need things to do. Also I'm trying to keep updating regularly but I start senior tomorrow and am also at uni so bear with me please things should clam down soon.

We also need a ship name so vote or suggest some please. So far I have:

#Jella

#Jalla

#Eake

#Elka

I hope you enjoyed it.