2 | 3

"If I melt like a popsicle, then it's all on you."

cat goggles | ella

____

Lying down on my bed I sighed in relief as all weight was taken off my body, allowing it to finally breathe, at the moment even walking hurts.

I closed my eyes and drifted into the music I had playing, trying to rest, but my mind wouldn't let me knowing what happened.

Why did he leave me?

I know it was hard for him to hear, hell it was hard for me too, but I wasn't expecting that. I wasn't expecting him to leave. So, I did the only thing I could do in that situation, come back to my room and hope that sleep will shield me from the reality of life.

I snuggled deeper into my blankets preparing to bunk down and hibernate for the long run but was interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Come on in it's not locked!" I yelled, not bothering to pull back the blankets I was now under. I heard the door creak and soft steps move closer to me before someone sat down on the bed, tightening the blankets over me.

"Can't. Breathe. Move. Your. Fat. Ass." I grit out trying to worm my way out from under the blankets. "Seriously dad I-" My voice dies off seeing Jake sitting on my bed looking down at the ground.

Ooopppps.

That could have gone badly.

"Uhhhh hi?" I finally speak up, and he finally looks me in the eyes before darting them to the ground again.

"Hi..." He says softly.

"Jake lo-" I start, trying to tell him that it's okay but was cut off when he jumps in.

"I'm sorry! I'm an idiot I know, but it wasn't you I just had a bad moment and didn't want you to see me like that, so I ran but I made things worse, and now you probably hate me, oh God please don't hate me..." He rambles on burying his head in his hands. I sit up and move towards him rubbing my hand on his back and leaning on him.

"I don't hate you, Jake. I'm not even mad. We all have our moment's and that's fine, it means we're human Jake." I say softly grabbing his chin gently and turning his face to look at me. "I could never hate you so get that thought out of your head, get out of your funk and cuddle me I'm cold," I say finally, making him smile and place his forehead against mine.

"I love you so much El,"

"I love you too Jake," I say brushing the hair that had fallen in front of his face behind his ear, before yelping as he pulled me back onto the bed and covered us with my stack of blankets, my head resting against his chest, and his head buried in my neck.

"You know it's 25 degrees, right?" He chuckled. "We're going to cook under all these." He murmured, and I could feel his smile.

"Shut up. I'm cold." I murmur back.

"Alright then. But if I melt like a popsicle then it's all on you,"

"I can live with that," I say back before letting sleep wash over me.

___

"Ella. Psst... El's," I heard a deep voice whisper next to me.

"What?" I opened an eye to see a smiling Jake watching me, closing it again I mumbled, "Why are you staring at me, Eves? It's creepy."

"You love it."

"Debatable, I probably drooled or something,"

"No, but now I wish you did so I could take a photo... Damn, well back to what I was saying, it's your birthday in a day, and I have something special planned, kay so your gonna have to bear with me cause ya know I've gotta organize some things, will you be fine if I'm busy most of tomorrow during the day?" I asked.

I love how he asked if it was okay, that's cute.

"Sure, as long as you let me go back to sleep..."

"But it's been four houuuurrrrsss Ellllsss, let's do something."

"Like what Jake?"

"We could take Chucks for a walk and go grab some ice-cream from you're favourite place by the beach, I know you said your cat harness arrived. What do ya think?"

Man, he was obsessed with that cat.

So much for 'I-I don't do animals.'

"Can we? PLLLEEEAASSSEEEEE!" He whines before sitting up and grabbing Chucks who was curled up on his feet.

The cat was obsessed with him too.

I feel utterly betrayed, but what can you do?

"Look at him El's, look at that face. That is the face of I want mummy and daddy to take me for a walk to the beach. He'll probably love the sand! OOHHHH and we can buy him little cat goggle's so he can go swimming!" He went on holding Chucks up by the arms to show me the cat who was giving me sad eyes.

Conspirators.

That's what they were.

Dragging my head up from the pillow I yawned. "Fine just give me a few minutes to get ready," I said getting up to go to the bathroom and change out of my pj's.

When I was done I walked back out to see Chucks and Jake cuddling while he showed the cat something on his computer.

"See? Don't those cat goggles look great Chucks? Look we can even get pink ones with bows! OOOhhh and they have bucket hat's, so you don't get burnt!" He was saying to him, only to stop when he saw me watching. "What?' He asked casually.

"You have a serious problem," I said shaking my head and smiling.

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do. Now come on I want ice-cream."

"Yes, you're highness. Forever at you're serious."

"Wow. Real mature Jake. Real mature."

____

I start school tomrorow again and I'm crying while uploading this.

WHHHHHYYYYYY.

I will be writing as much as possible but it might mean only one update a week?

Sorry.

But I have camp in week 4 and I am aiming to finish it before then.

ALLLLSSSSOOO did you see the new storryyyy.

OOOOOOHHHH I'm so excited but I can't tell you more till this book finishes cause I'm mean like that.

Go add that thing to reading list cause it's gonna be one hell of a ride.

Goodbye for now and fingers crossed I don't die tomorrow.