2 | 4

"I'm impressed with myself."

sniff the slippers | jake

____

"Good morning sweetheart. You wanna go grab some breakfast?" I asked softly as I pulled the blanket back from Ella's face, only to see Chucks lying around her shaved head.

Who needs hair when you have a cat? I thought with a chuckle.

"Ellllaaaaa," I whispered, but she didn't move an inch.

I was amazing really. This girl's ability to sleep through anything. A cyclone could blow the roof off the bloody place and she would still be snoring away.

I moved closer placing a kiss on her forehead. "Sleepyhead." I moved to kiss her left cheek. "Wake up." Right cheek. "The world's." Nose. "About to." Lips. "End," I said pulling back to see if she had wakened up, only to see her still sound asleep.

Wow.

What a talent.

"ELLA! THE CENTRE IS BURING DOWN GET YOUR ASS UP GIRLY UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE AS BURNT AS THAT PIE YOU COOKED LAST WEEK!" I yell, jumping on her bed.

"Whaaa..." I hear a soft voice mumbled, and eyes flutter open to look at me. "What time is it Jake?" She say's closing her eyes again, not even moved by my stunt.

Rejection at it's finest.

"It's 8:00 El, and I was going to cook you some pancakes down in the kitchen, but if you don't want me too..."

"I'm up! Please, plllleeeeaaaassseee make me some pancakes!" She whined sitting up.

"Oh don't give me those puppy dogs eyes, you know I would never deny you pancakes, now come on get up, I have things to do after breakie," I said brushing my hand on my jeans and heading towards the door, leaning against the frame. "Get dressed and come down, I'm going to go get started."

"Okay! I'll see you soon! She said as she headed to the bathroom, I turned to walk away when I heard her voice again. "Oh, and Jake?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't burn the pancakes like I burned that pie, I don't do charcoal."

"Sure thing luv, sure thing," I said smiling as I walked down the hallway and headed to the kitchen to get started.

Ella arrived just I was turning off the burner and bringing the plates to the table. "What took you so long?" I asked, heading back to the kitchen to grab some syrup and other toppings I had collected.

"I had a shower," She said, sitting down at the table.

"So what are you gonna do while I'm busy today?" I ask.

"Well I gotta go to Aldine then I might just chill with Chucks, who knows maybe dad might be free."

"Oh, cool. Do you need me to go with you to Aldine? I can if you want me to." I ask looking up to see her smiling.

"No. It's all good, but thanks for asking."

"It's fine. Now for tonight, I'm coming to get you at 6:30 so be ready by then and just wear something warm and comfortable kay?"

"Okay. Are we going to the public or can I wear my slippers?" She asked making me chuckle.

"Wear the slippers babe, wear the slippers."

___

"So what did you tell her?" Mads asked as she helped me put the final touches on the roof.

We had decided to set up the garden with lights and a screen.

El's had trouble going to the movies.

So why not bring them to her.

We had stacks of blankets, a makeshift bed, a projector and tons of food.

I've got to say, I'm impressed with myself, Mads too, of course, I couldn't have done it without her.

"I just said I was busy doing something for her birthday, that she should dress warm and cozy and that I was coming for her at 6:30. Why?" I asked raising my brow.

"Just making sure you didn't give anything away, you did well Jake, I'm proud of you." She said hugging me, while whispering in my ear, "Don't mess this up lover boy, I'm counting on you, at least one of us needs some success right now."

"Mads? What's happened?" I said seeing the unshed tears sitting and stirring in her eyes.

"Don't worry about it, I'll tell you later kay. Now have fun!" She said, smile now plastered across her face and she headed off. "Oh and Jake? It's 6:15, move your ass and go shower, you smell like sweat."

"I don-" I start before sniffing my shirt.

Well, maybe just a bit.

"BYYYYEEE!" She yelled from the stairs.

"Bye Mads!" I say walking towards the other stairs that go closer to my room, before rushing in and showering, pulling on a pair of jeans and a mustard t-shirt, matched with a black jacket, grabbing my glasses before heading to get Ella, and looking at my watch.

"Crap," I muttered seeing I was five minutes late.

I hated being late.

When I arrived I found her sitting on her bed cuddling Chucks, dressed in similar Jeans but paired with a knitted jumper and jacket.

"Hey there cutie," I say leaning against the frame giving her my brightest smile.

"Hey,"

"You ready?"

"Yeah, can I bring Chucks?"

"Yeah babe, you can bring him. But I have to blindfold you, that okay?"

"As long as I don't fall,"

"Don't worry I'll catch you," I say tying the bandana over her eyes.

I grabbed Chuck's harness and started leading Ella up to the garden, giving her Chucks lead and picking her up for the stairs. I said it was so she won't trip, but really I know how tired they make her, but she doesn't need to know.

Arriving at our destination I stood her up again and stood behind her grabbing her bandana.

"You ready?" I whispered.

"Yeah, I'm ready..." She whispered back.

I kissed her gently on the head, pulling the blindfold off.

"Happy Birthday El's."

____

I don't have much to say except I'm so tired from today, and I wanna cry cause my major art piece is due soooooonnnnnn.

ARRRRHHHHHGGGGHHHH.

But look who still updated, and not only wrote one chapter but one in advance?

AHHHH MMMMEEEEE!!!!!

Talk soon y'all when I can update next cause obviously the extra chapter is actually the last chapter of the book, not the actual next one in line, oh well.

BBYYYEEEE. And I hope you like it.