2 | 2

"Even zeus is jealous of me."

your package | jake

____

"So you're telling me, you left her? You, Jake Eves, walked out on the girl you love, just when she was given a choice of life or death?" Mads droned on.

When she put it like that, then shit yes it sounds bad.

But I didn't know what to do.

So I left and called Mads, now here I am, not in rehab but sitting at an oceanside café while Mads beat my head in.

Literally.

"Oww!" I said as she hit me with her magazine again, "Stop hitting me Mads!" I hissed.

"You. Stupid. Asshole. Of. A. Man." She said hitting me with every word. "How could you do that to her? You walked out when you kissed her and now this? Jake I know it's hard, but hell she needs you right now. You can't just leave."

"I know, I know. I just... arrrggghhh! She probably thinks I'm mad, I just what am I supposed to say? You know, don't do it, spend your last month with me, or try and save yourself, but maybe, probably die? I just... I'm going to fall apart, either way, Mads, it's going to kill me Mads. If she dies... God, I would want to die with her. I would have nothing left. Nothing. T-this is why I tried so hard to stay away, but I couldn't I was too weak. And now I'm a mess..." I went on, feeling the warm tears fall down my face as I let it out.

As I let the walls holding in everything.

Break.

"Jake. Listen to me and listen to me carefully. When you leave here today. You have a choice to make. And damn straight am I going to let you waste it. You're having a bad time. So what. You need to be strong right now. So pick up those broken pieces I can see lying in your eyes and rebuild yourself. This is about more than just you or me. This is about the girl you love. Who is probably the exact same as you right now, except worse. You can fall apart once all is said and done, but don't waste your time thinking about the what if's because if this is her last time, then use it bloody well. Give up the game, and simply be there. I know you love her. So show it, act like it. Love. Her." Mads said, leaving me in silence as I stared at the ocean and the storm brewing on the horizon.

She's right.

It isn't my choice, but if something goes wrong.

Like hell am I going to regret my last moment's with her.

I looked up at Mads sure of myself now. Sure of what's right.

"Good. Now a little bird told me it's 2 days to Ella's 18th. Am I right?"

"Yes."

"Well let's get working then."

___

"Is this it?" I groan from behind the shopping cart that's full to the brim.

That shits heavy.

"Hmmm, I don't know Jake. Do we have everything?" Mads asked looking at me from over her shoulder.

5 hours.

It's been five, horrendous hours.

Don't get me wrong this is all for Ella, but Mads has a serious shopping problem.

"Come on Mads, this is by far enough, if we get any more I think my arms are going to give up, and so is my bank account."

"Oh don't kid yourself, Jake." She said looking at the trolley. "I think we have enough. Let's go!" She yelled pointing and heading towards the checkout.

The boy serving us looked at me strangely as he saw the trolley, but was suddenly distracted by Mads who came out from standing behind me and started flirting with him.

Once he was done Mads took off with the trolley and left me to pay, and left the boy looking after her like a lost puppy.

"It's pointless bro," I say, snapping him out of his daydream.

"I-I sorry? Is she your girlfriend?" I stumbled out.

"Nah mate, just a friend. It's just pointless. She bats for the other team." I said point blank and he just stared at me confused so I continued, "She doesn't like what your packing mate." I said hoping to clear it up but was greeted with an even more confused face. "Oh for God's sake you dumbwit she's gay. She likes girl." I say and he finally get's it. "Ding. Ding. Ding. We have a winner, folks!" I laugh walking away leaving him to his troubles.

What a dumbass.

Seriously.

"Hey! What was that about?" Mads say's as I catch up with her.

"Oh don't play with me Mads, you know what it was about. Seriously, you need to stop flirting with guys, only for them to learn you like girls, you're going to give some poor sod a heart attack one day." I say with a laugh.

It was mean.

But it sure was bloody funny.

"Oh come on, you love it and you know it." She laughs.

"Fine. Just don't come running to me when you get yourself a stalker, cause I won't help."

Mads replied with laughter.

"You're just jealous that I'm better looking than you Jake, and you know it."

"No way! Have you looked at me? I don't know what you're seeing but I'm a God, even Zeus is jealous of me."

"Keep dreaming that Jake. Keep dreaming... Now come on, you have an apology to make, and a birthday surprise to build."

____

AND here's the last update for today, I hope y'all like it.

Sorry for updating so much I just finally have this whole story planned out and I'm trying to get as much done before school starts back in three days, as well as the fact I have a problem with posting as soon as I write rather than spacing it out.

So yeah.

Sorry.