1 | 1

"It just makes everything so much realer."

blushes & glitter | ella

____

"JAKE! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU, YOU MOTHERFUCKING BITCH!" I heard Mads screech from the shower. I looked sideways at Jake lying down next to me across the bed while grinning.

Oh no...

"What did you do?" I asked softly.

"I may or may not have switched her shampoo with hair dye. Don't worry, I didn't use an outrageous colour. She can still go out in public." He smirked, before seeing the expression on my face.

Then his smile dropped.

"What?" He asked softly.

"Why did you do that Jake?" I asked trying to keep a straight face and not burst out laughing.

Be serious Ella. I chanted in my mind.

But it was too god damn funny.

I cracked up laughing falling off the bed, tears streaming down my face as I clapped like a seal as I laughed so much I ran out of breath.

"Oh God." Jake chuckled sliding off the bed to sit next to me while laughing himself. "Your face. I thought you were going to murder me." He continued to laugh.

"You better not do anything to me or so help me God..." I tried to raise a finger to him and look serious, but my body continued to be shook by laughter.

"I wouldn't dream of it. Mads deserved it-"

"I DESERVED WHAT!" Mads screeched.

Jake had stopped laughing now and so had I as I looked up at Mads standing in front of us in only a towel. Fury etched across her face.

Her once honey gold hair.

Now completely black.

Fucking hell Jake.

___

"ERRR MA GERRRDDDD! You look gorgeous Ella! Are you sure you don't like girls, I mean I'd totally date you..." Mads started when I walked into the room. It had been 5 hours since Jake pulled the trick with Mads shampoo. At first she was pissed, but now...

What can I say?

Mads fucking rocked black hair.

"Yes, Mads. Sorry to break it to you but I do like guys. You know if I did like girls though you would definitely be my first choice." I smiled.

"Awww... I love you Ella. Seriously though ever change your mind and I'm here. Back to previous comment. Are you sure you like guys? Or a specific guy in particular. With a name starting with JA- and ending with a -KE."

I blushed at her comment. Damn her for always being right.

"OOOHHH my little Ella's blushing. Does that mean I'm right?" She winked at me suggestively.

"Yeah. Okay maybe I have a little. Tiny. TINY! Crush on someone who's name is like that."

And with that she squealed.

She did that a lot.

"Ears Mads. Please my ears." I said covering them, while she laughed.

"Sorry not sorry. Okay. Now that you have confessed to what I already knew. Let's finish getting you ready... Come on." She said pulling me into the bathroom. I had already done most of my makeup but Mads insisted on adding glitter.

"Your hair is so nice all the time how do you get it like this?" Mads started to ask while my hear started to race while she tugged on it.

Here goes nothing.

"Well you see... about that... ummm... it's a wig." I quickly blurted out, scrunching my eyes closed as I waited for a reaction.

"No way!" Mads whispered pulling it up to see my buzz cut underneath. "Little Ella is actually a bad ass."

"So you're not mad?" I asked softly.

"What? Why would I be mad? I love it! Both ways actually! With or without. Why didn't you tell us sooner?"

"I don't know... Please don't tell Jake. It- it just makes everything so much realer, the no hair. I don't think he'd take it well..."

"Ella. You know Jake won't care, right?"

"Yeah" I looked down at my feet. "It. The wig just makes me feel more normal though, it helps me forget. I don't look into a mirror and see no hair reminding me every day. So please... Don't tell him. I-I'll do it when the times right."

"Okay. It's your choice Ella You know that I would never tell without your permission. Now let's get that glitter, shall we?" She said grinning at me.

"We shall" I smiled back.

___

15 minutes later we were walking down the hall to the party. Only one nurse was on call tonight and Mads had convinced her to let us have the party, so as we continued to walk I heard the music getting louder as we made it to one of the less used rooms.

I could feel the beat blasting through the walls as I pushed the door open, confetti everywhere, lights flashing and bodies dancing.

"WOOOHHOOO!" Mads screamed running into the crowd, jumping right into the action.

I started to walk towards a table with drinks when I felt someone watching me while I poured water into my cup. I looked up to see Jakes green eyes watching me from across the room, a strange expression on his face.

I was just about to make my way over to him when I heard a low whistle behind me, and two arms grabbed my waist pulling me to the stranger's sticky body.

"Well, hello there hot stuff." The stranger murmured, eye lids lowly as he pressed his body against mine and pressed his face into my neck.

I shivered wanting. No. Needing to get away.

I looked up desperately trying to find Jake. But couldn't see him anywhere. Oh God.

I started to struggle to breath, heart pounding just as I heard a low growl sound out from in front of me.

"Get your hands off her or so help me, I will kill you."

I looked up at the person that spoke. The person who came to my rescue once again.

Jake.

___

EEEKKK!! It's getting interesting. I hope it's not going too fast because I keep thinking that it is. IDK. I just get nervous every time I post.
Until next time!

*Waves ecstatically again*