~Sakamaki Subaru {2}~

Hello again, my special readers. Im thinks about a cute, little, tsundere vampire with albino hair and a Wall-chan puncher! Let's do this! (Also, if you noticed the {2} in the title, I put a number 2 because I already did a Subaru oneshot for Christmas)

Reader Type: Shy, Clumsy

Fandom: Diabolik Lovers

Your POV:
"Alright class, homework will be whatever you didn't finish today. Turn in your papers tomorrow." The teacher said, as the end of class drew nearer. I sighed in relief and packed up my bags, then left the room. I hurried my way up to the rooftops, where I met up with one of my only friends in the whole night school; Subaru Sakamaki.

    I smiled as I saw him leaning on the wall, knowing that he was waiting for me. This has become a daily tradition; every free period, we would meet up at the rooftop and I would eat my lunch (since I don't really have much time to eat before class). Afterwards, we would just start talking naturally, as if we didn't have a care in the world.

   I slowly walked towards him, being careful not to trip on anything, but of course (being my unlucky self) I tripped anyways onto the floor in front of him. He quickly grabbed my arm and held me up before my face hit the floor. I quickly got up while holding on to his hand, my face burning up.

"Ahahaha...sorry, Subaru-kun..." I said, laughing nervously.

He smiled at me gently and responded, "It's alright. I don't really mind it, but you still need to work on watching where you're going, (Last Name)-chan."

    I nodded and we went to the rooftop fences that were to keep anyone from falling off and sat down. I pulled out the lunch box that I carry secretly with me and started eating quickly, feeling hungrier than I have been in the past few weeks. I felt Subaru's eyes on me as I ate my food, and I immediately slowed down my eating habit. As I was chewing slowly, my mind wandered to the many times I messed up in front of him and of the many times he would say 'It's okay' or 'I don't mind it'. I'm always cautious of messing up in front of him, and yet when I do, he doesn't seem to be upset about it, unlike his brothers whenever they see me.

    I snapped back to reality when Subaru suddenly asked, "(Last Name)? Why did you suddenly stop eating?"

    I jumped a little in my position, then looked to the half unfinished food. Then I gave a little 'ah' and finished what I had. Afterwards, I put my lunchbox away and we sat in silence, not knowing what to talk about this time. These kinds of moments are rare, so it was very awkward for the both of us. I already had a topic in mind, but I didn't want to ask about it since it might burden him.

Unfortunately, Subaru knew something was up and asked me, "Hey, you're awfully quiet this time. What's on you're mind?"

I bit my lip and responded, "Nothing! I...just feel like staying quiet for a minute..."

"I can read you like a book (Last Name), so don't try to lie to me." He retorted.

I turned away from him for a minute, then replied, "Oh, alright fine. I give. I was wondering...do you really mean what you say when you say 'It's alright' when I make a mistake?"

Subaru chuckled and said, "So that's what you're worried about? Well, I can't say that I'm surprised. I mean what I said, (Last Name), no matter what you do, I'm not going to be ashamed of it because you're my best friend."

"A-Ah...I see..."

My eyes turned towards the floor, the word 'friend' hitting me like a baseball. I quickly buried that feeling deep down, not wanting my facial expression to show that I was disappointed. I then looked at him and smiled.

"Thanks. You're my best friend too!"

Subaru nodded, but I could see something in his eyes. Before I could actually figure out what it was, he turned away from me, and we were both back to being completely silent. I felt so awkward, so I tried to start up another conversation.

"A-Anything happen to you today? O-Or this w-week...? I realized I never a-asked about it." I stuttered, trying to talk as smoothly as I could.

Subaru stayed silent for a moment, then told me something that was a little too quiet for me to hear, "...made...feel...happy..."

"H-Huh?" I asked, unsure of what he said.

"I-I said that y-you made me feel h-happy...! Not just th-this week, but from the first time we met." Subaru exclaimed, shifting his eyes towards me. I could see that his face was covered in a pink hue, making his face look as if it was glowing.

I turned to him with a smile and said, "S-Subaru...! Y-You're face...!"

"W-What?! S-Stop looking at me like that, dumbass!" Subaru shouted, much to my amusement. It reminded me of a certain type of anime character that I've seen in mangas.

I suddenly stopped and asked him, "Why are you blushing, anyways?"

He looked at me for minute, then said, "I-It's just that...remember how I said you made me feel happy? Well, I also felt something else...d-don't judge me for what I'm about to do."

He then leaned in, making my eyes widen in surprise. I didn't move, though, as he gave me a peck on the lips. My face heated up and I froze for a minute, happiness, surprise, and other emotions spinning in my head at the same time. It was all so sudden, but I snapped out of my daze as Subaru suddenly stood up from his sitting position.

"W-Well...I'm going to go now!" He stuttered, and hurriedly walked away.

I tried to speak, but my voice got caught in my throat as I just watched him walk away. I got up and ran to him, catching his sleeve just in time. That made him stop and turn to look at  me, his face only showing and expression of embarrassment.

     I hurriedly replied to him, "I-I-I love you too, for always being there for me, and for understanding m-me. I n-never thought that I could f-find someone I truly appreciate, but h-here I am now."

     The albino haired teenager looked at me with wide eyes. His gaze softened as he spoke to me, "I think that means we're not leaving each other's side anytime soon."

     And with that, he pulled me into his arms, into a soft and unusually warm embrace, and gave me a comfort that I haven't felt in a very, very long time.

Aria: I wonder if the plot is okay...

Kyle: Who knows? It's up to the readers to decide how good it is. It's their opinion that matters.

Seline: And if it's not good, then make a better one next time!

Aria: Yeah, you guys are right.

            ~Kawai_Marshmallow