2: New Student

"U-um... nice to meet you." (YN) started with a shaky, nervous voice and an awkward forced smile as she looked at the unfamiliar blue-haired male who sat beside her. He didn't give any indication that he heard her, nor did he spare a single glance at (YN)'s way, but his presence alone is enough to make her tremble.

~flashback~

The door opened with a slam, shocking every student inside the classroom. Whatever they were doing, they paused and gawked at the man who'd just entered.

"I'm sure you've heard, but I'm the transfer student, Shin." He said, his voice gruff and sounding annoyed while his menacing eyes scanned the room. Almost all of the students gasped or cowered in fear, and they looked elsewhere just to not meet his eyes.

To (YN)'s surprise, even their professor seemed intimidated since he only stood there in place without any intention on interrupting Shin, as if his life depended to his stillness.

Shin started walking towards the back of the classroom, stopping at an occupied seat which happened to be just beside (YN)'s.

"Move." Shin ordered, a shadow casting over his amber eyes. (YN) gulped, as she dared not to look beside her. She can feel Shin emitting a really dangerous aura, enough to make her former seatmate whimper and run out of the door, giving up his place for Shin.

Poor guy.

*end of flashback*

"So... um, Shin, right? I'm (YN)ㅡ"

"Look," Shin suddenly faced her direction, making (YN) flinch and edge away in her seat. Shin glared at her, although his position remained the same; crossed arms and legs. "I don't care who you are, and I never asked for you to talk to me. I don't have any intention of talking to you either or anyone here for that matter. So shut up. Clear?"

His straightforwardness caught (YN) dumbfounded. Shin still stared at her, as if waiting for an answer. Slowly, (YN) nodded and swallowed down her second gulp of the day.

"Good." satisfied, Shin turned back his attention to the front again, as if (YN) didn't exist anymore.

"Rude..." (YN) muttered under her breath, though she doubt Shin didn't hear it.

~~

"Uwaah~ I'm so jealous. How come the new guy is your classmate AND seatmate?" Cherry fanned herself in an exaggerated manner, which caused (YN) to roll her eyes.

"There's nothing to be jealous about. He isn't a nice guy. So rude."

(YN)'s face turned sour when she remembered how Shin acted around her. Cherry didn't seem to be listening anymore, as her friend continued on rambling on and on about the new student. Leave it up to her when it comes to boys.

Using the plastic fork, (YN) picked at the remnants of her food which she didn't feel like eating anymore. It was lunch time, if you would ever call it lunch time at 12 midnight. All around them, students who were already used to this life buzzed with energy inside the cafeteria. 12 midnight seemed like 12 noon.

(YN) pushed her tray away and stood up, catching Cherry's attention.

"Hwer are chu ghoing?" Cherry asked, her mouth full of the gooey green stuff which the cafeteria served. It looked gross, but it actually tasted nice, a reason why Cherry always had the fullest plate of the goo.

"I'm just going for a little walk. We still have a bit more time before the second half periods."

Cherry gulped down the goo, and dabbed her mouth with a handkerchief.

"Okay, just don't let Ace catch you! The damn jerk gives unacceptable punishments!" She called after (YN), who was already starting to walk away. The (hair color) haired female looked over her shoulder at Cherry, and laughed.

"I'll try not to!"

~~

There wasn't any wind, but the air was cold. Shoving her hands inside the pockets of her blazer, (YN) felt thankful that it was warm.

Their uniforms were specially made by the school, since the administration were aware of how cold it gets during the night. Everyone had thick blazers with warms pockets, and the girls' skirts were usually longer than what (YN) used to wear back in the city.

(YN) hugged her blazer closer to her chest as she stepped outside the school's garden. Not many students were around, making the place peaceful and quiet.

She walked down the pavement, following the lamps which illuminated the place, until she reached the fountain at the center of the garden. This was her favorite place in the school, since everything seemed to look so magical.

The moon shined directly above the fountain, and its running waters were so beautiful, looking like it sparkled or had glitters in them. (YN) stood in-front of the fountain admiring it when she heard a sudden crack of a twig, causing her to suddenly turn around.

"W-who's there?" She called out, as her eyes scanned the empty surroundings. There weren't anyone at all, except for the tall bushes.

"It was just my imagination, probably..." (YN) sighed, when she heard multiple footsteps quickly coming towards her direction. Suddenly, a hand covered her mouth and someone pulled her behind the bushes.

"Mmpph! Mppphhm!!" She struggled, and tried to flail her arms. Whoever held her, he was strong as he managed to cover her mouth while wrapping her arms and body with only one arm.

"Ssh! Don't make a sound. They'll hear us." A gentle voice whispered in her ear, making (YN) calm down but feel confused. Her heart pounded loudly inside her chest, feeling nervous that someone unknown was holding her.

"Damn! Did we loose him?" Someone asked, just on the other side of the bush where they hid.

"I don't...I don't know..." Another voice replied.

(YN) can tell they were all females who seemed to be panting from too much running. Was the guy who held her right now running away from these girls? Whatever did he do?

"Let's go that way!" Someone suggested, and (YN) could hear the footsteps get farther away from them.

When they didn't hear anything anymore, the grasp on (YN) loosened, and she took the opportunity to push away the man. It must've been one strong push, since it actually caused him to fall down.

"Who are you?!" (YN) took a few steps away from him, and quickly grabbed the first thing she thought could protect her... which was a fallen tree branch. She held the piece of wood tightly as if her life depended on it, and she stood in a position ready to fight.

To her surprise, her actions earned her a good, long laugh from the guy. He was already sitting on the ground, and his laughter caused him to actually lay down.

"W-what's so funny?!" She asked trying to sound angry, but (YN) could feel the hot pink color which rose to her cheeks from embarrassment.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you," The guy said, as he wiped a single tear from his eye. A tear of joy. "but I am sorry to have gotten you in a shock." he apologized even though his expression didn't mean it. (YN) just knows that he actually enjoyed her little stunt, but she decided to let him be.

"Who areㅡ"

(YN) was about to ask for his name again, when the school bells started ringing.

"Whoops. That's my cue. I got to head back to class if I don't want my dear cousin getting mad at me." the blond haired male stood up and winked at her, his emerald eyes shining like that of a cat's. "See you~" it almost sounded like a purr, and when (YN) blinked again, he was gone.

"What just happened...?" She questioned herself, her hand releasing the tree branch which fell on the ground with a thud.

The image of his smile flashed in her mind again.

"Were those fangs?"

Note: I'm writing everything on my phone, so I don't really know how it looks like on laptops or computers ^^