8: Acceptance

Shin had told her everything. From when he was born, to when he ran away, and how he was able to survive up til now, alone.

For a long, long time, he kept this pain with him. He didn't have anyone. It was always just him.

Now, that had changed.

Shin observed the female in front of him as he finished his story. It felt as if multiple thorns were finally plucked out of his heart as soon as he wa8s able to tell the girl his past. He thought she'd feel horrified once she'd learn about what he'd done the first time he drank blood. But no, she listened.

She listened without any trace of judgement.

(YN) was on the verge of tears. Somehow, she had understood Shin. Although what she'd gone through was not as harsh as his, (YN) had known the feeling of having no one to accept her. Ever since she'd lost her parents, any relatives she might have had turned their backs on her, because they have no use of her anyway. She was just another load of unnecessary baggage for them.

She felt hurt. She didn't know why, yet her heart ignited painful sparks as she listened to his story.

"Oh, Shin..."

She gasped, liquid finally forming at the corner of her eyes as she threw herself onto him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

Shin had noticed her reactions, but he didn't expect the hug.

He suddenly stiffened, his eyes wide, his mind starting to go blank. The last time someone had hugged him, was during his 12th birthday. The same day he ran away. 6 years ago.

He had forgotten this feeling. She was so warm against him, he could feel her heartbeat, he could hear her breathing. The hug made him feel assured. Safe. Loved.

He relinquished in it.

He found his hands slowly travelling up her back, returning the hug she was giving him. He placed his chin on the top of her head, closing his eyes and giving a content sigh. He wanted to savor every moment of it.

"I'm sorry," (YN) mumbled as she pulled herself away from him. Pink dusted her cheeks, embarrassed at her sudden actions.

Shin felt dismayed as soon as she tugged her body away. That fire was starting to flicker out. The light from moments ago was fading.

He wanted to pull her into his embrace again. He wanted to feel her warmth again, as long as he could. But upon seeing how uncomfortable she felt now, Shin had to force his urges to stop.

"Don't apologize. You didn't do anything wrong." He acted as if what had happened was nothing. He tried to make her feel as if he was brushing it off. He didn't even look her way.

But no, for him, it was something.

"More importantly, you have to know something." He leaned closer to her, using his fingers to motion her to come closer.

(YN) edged a little from her bed, closing the distance between her and Shin. "What's wrong--"

flick!

Her forehead met his fingers. He flicked her forehead.

(YN) instantly leaped away in surprise, placing a palm on her forehead to both soothe the pain and shield herself from other incoming attacks.

"Ow! What was that for?!"

Shin snickered at her, seemingly proud that he was able to hit her. (YN) was pouting, and her ears were red. He definitely found it....adorable.

"S-stop laughing! I feel stupid...." Her last word was uttered in a slight whisper as she looked away, feeling flustered.

"But no, seriously. You have to know something." His tone was serious now, catching (YN)'s attention. His eyes told her he wasn't playing.

"You're too trusting." Shin told her frankly. All this time, he knew she was keeping her guard down around him. They were alone in her house, and he was a vampire. Shin didn't like that. He knew the dangers that the town holds, and knowing that (YN) isn't fully capable of securing herself didn't sit well with him.

(YN) didn't understand it, earning him a confused look from the female.

"What does that mean?"

Shin sighed. She was truly too innocent.

"I'm not the only vampire around here," he admitted, although he was sure she'd be thinking of it by now. "This town is dangerous, you have to know that. You shouldn't just...let strangers in here. Don't put your faith too much in people you haven't known for long. I could've killed you if I wanted and no one would even know."

"But you didn't...." (YN) replied, not knowing if she was defending Shin's words about himself or the fact that she felt bad about being lectured like this.

"That's not the point," He sighed, "You really cannot protect yourself,  can you?" He placed a hand on her head, ruffling her hair much to the female's dismay.

(YN) felt confused about everything. She still had to learn more about this whole vampire thing if what Shin told her was true. If Mavetown truly had vampires living everywhere, then she had to be more careful. He scared the shit out of her with his words, it was too much to process. She was spacing out, thinking of so many things. One of her concerns, have she met any vampires other than Shin and she just didn't know it?

"Okay, fine. I'm going to watch over you. " Shin declared.

"W-wait I didn't even agree to this--"

"Shut up. Besides...I want to thank you. F-for letting me stay and...not being scared of me."

Shin looked away, rubbing the nape of his neck. He was embarrassed with what he said, but he was earnest.

He truly wanted to protect her.

She saved him from his past, she saved him from everything.

He swore to himself to save her as well.

Note: Ugh I love Shin. I wrote three chapters with him?

I've decided to just write moments with each of the main boys before getting down to the main yandere stuff in here. That's so (YN) could establish a relationship with them first!