6: Revelation

"Don't you think this is nice?!" (YN)'s red-headed friend exclaimed as she bounced from rack to rack, picking out dresses she liked for her to suit on later in the dressing room. "(YN), come on! Don't you have anything you like?"

"No, these are all too extravagant. I'd like something simpler... " She shook her head at Cherry's question, although (YN) doubted her friend was even listening anymore. She seemed too busy fussing over which clothes to pick.

It was the weekends, one of the days where (YN) really had nothing else to do. She didn't want to stay in her electricity deprived house either. When her uncle sent her here, he never informed (YN) that his old home wouldn't be the most comfortable place. Well at least, she had a place in here.

Mavetown didn't have a mall, but they did have small boutiques which sold pretty nice clothes. Cherry would drag her there at least once every two weeks. (YN)'s fashion obsessed friend couldn't live wearing clothes more than two weeks old, and this made (YN) laugh at the absurdity of it.

As she followed Cherry, (YN) would check her wristwatch from time to time.

3:30am

Just a few more hours til sunrise. She would have to warn her friend about the time soon.

Cherry had once told (YN) that Mavetown had secrets no one knew. Of course, the petite girl shook it off as simple lies and myths, but word went around that the town's mayor would "punish" whoever gets caught lurking around the city while the sun is up. Everyone had a curfew, whether they liked it or not.

(YN) tried asking her friend what those punishments were, but Cherry didn't have any idea either. No one has ever seen the mayor, but they've only seen his spokesperson. There were also rumors of people trying to walk around the town in daytime, and they never came home.

Listening to all of Cherry's stories gave (YN) the creeps. Mavetown would be scary if you didn't know your place.

"(YN)! Hello?" Cherry was snapping her fingers in front of the girl, snapping her out of her thoughts. "I was asking if this would make Shin notice me?" Cherry held a cute blue, lace bow in front of (YN). "The school wouldn't allow me to wear cuter clothes than our uniform," she pouted, "So I thought accessories would make up for it!"

"I don't really know, Cherry." (YN) giggled at her friend's efforts to get the transferee to look at her way. Cherry admitted that she had a HUGE crush on Shin, and had since then always been asking (YN) if other girls from her class had been eyeing the boy.

"What? But aren't you classmates?" Cherry asked, disappointment obviously painted on her face. (YN) gave her a sorry smile, slightly feeling bad for her friend, "I'm sorry, Shin and I don't really talk..."

"Ehhh, well, nevermind. I'm still buying this bow!" Cherry exclaimed, pumping her fistㅡ which was holding the bow, to the air with hope and determination in her face.

"Yeah, you better hurry up if you don't want us to get past curfew," (YN) rolled her eyes and pushed Cherry towards the counter.

~~~

Once again, (YN) glanced at her watch. 4:40am

It had been quite awhile when (YN) and Cherry parted ways since they live in completely different directions, and (YN) walked as fast as she could without running. Beside not wanting to go past curfew, she also found the surroundings very creepy. Fog was beginning to rise and not a single soul was left on the streets.

What's worse is that the route to her house was a very complicated one. Did her uncle have enemies he wanted to hide from for him to establish a house far from other people? She'll never know. The route involved a lot of alleyways, and that's what scared (YN) the most. However, she'd been safe and encountered nothing so far.

Until this day.

The poor girl screamed and dropped her bag when she came across the usual alleyway. What's unusual was the body leaning himself on the wall. He seemed tired, panting, and on a weakened state.

(YN) stepped backwards in shock when the man lifted his head, and his unusual ruby-red eyes met with hers.
"S-Shin?!"

She immediately recognized him despite of the bruises on his face. Shin staggered toward her direction, and (YN) kept edging backwards. Save for the few lamps, the place was dark, and the only thing that seemed to be glowing was Shin's red eyes.

"(YN)...." Shin muttered, before falling down on the ground, his body limp and unconscious.

"S-Shin?! Shin! Oi!"

Unsure of what to do at the sudden situation, (YN) quickly knelt down and shook Shin. However, she received no response from the fallen boy.

"What to do... what to do..." She muttered worriedly. She didn't have any choice right now didn't she? (YN) couldn't leave Shin alone, she knew that and with her last resort, she slung one of his arms over her shoulder.

"Shin, hang in there. We're near my house."

~~~

(YN) sat on a chair near her bed where the unconscious boy lay. Carefully, she wiped his wounded face with a wet cloth. So far, Shin didn't have any fatal injuries save for bruises on his knuckles and his ruined face. Obviously, the azure-haired male had gotten himself into a fight.

"Nnghh..."

She quickly retracted her arms when Shin showed signs of getting his consciousness back. When he had fully opened his eyes, he alertly sat up and immediately looked around the unfamiliar place.

"Shin! Calm down, it's me."

She held his shoulders as she stood up, and he visibly relaxed at the sight of a familiar face. However, that expression of calmness soon turned into horror as Shin quickly pushed her away.

"Oh no. No, no, no, no. (YN), stay away from me. Stay away." This was the first time (YN) had seen him act so scared. Shin had always been so mean, cold and distant and this sudden display of a new character freaked her out too. She stepped away as told, suddenly keeping her guard up around the frightened boy, "Shin, what are you talking about?"

Shin, who realized how he was acting sighed and ran a hand over his face, which hurt, "I-I'm sorry, (YN). It's just that... I'm just tired."

(YN)'s stiff shoulders slumped with worry, "I understand. Whatever did you get yourself into?" she asked, though still keeping her distance. "Oh, would you like some soup? I actually prepared some for when you wake up. I'm sorry, my house is so dim. Do you want me to pull open the curtains? The sun should be up by nowㅡ"

As (YN) was talking, she quickly made her way over to the window near her bed only to be stopped by Shin, who'd grabbed her hands before she can do anything.

"NOT THE SUN!" He screamed which frightened the female more. As he'd grabbed her hands, Shin accidentally pulled (YN)'s face closer to his, and it was because of this action which made her come into a realization.

"Shin?"

She received no response from the weakened male, who seemed to wince at his sudden outburst of a movement when he grabbed her.

"Your eyes... were red." She muttered, as she stared into his perfectly natural amber eyes. Shin stiffened and his eyes widened in shock. Grinding his teeth together in frustration, he looked away. His grip on her arms her tightening.

"S-Shin... you're acting weird and that hurtㅡ"

His once yellow orbs fixed onto hers with a glare. The red swirling inside them.

"Fuck it, (YN). I'm tired and hungry." His fangs revealed themselves from under his scowl. Forcefully, Shin pulled (YN) closer to him and before she could even process things, she felt Shin's hot breath on her neck, and soon a piercing pain as he sucked on her blood.

Note: grahhh sorry if there are errors and stuff! I'm half asleep while writing this. Would prefer to write this tomorrow but by then half of the ideas I had in mind will be gone.

If anyone's reading this at all, thank you for showing my (crappy) story some support! I know that there aren't any Yandere stuff happening at all yet but I need a few chapters to let things progress.

Thank you for reading!