12: Crybaby

She should be used to this.

She honestly should have been used to this by now. It wasn't like this was the first time for her to get bitten.

No, this was only the second time and getting used to it was asking for too much.

(YN) found herself trembling in shock as the figure in front held her close. His arms were wrapped around her waist, his palms firmly pressing on her back as the other one found its way behind her head. His fingers lightly gripped her hair.

All of this, while his face remained buried between her neck and shoulder, his sharp fangs digging deep under a tender spot of her skin.

Oh gods, she thought, as tears started forming on the corner of her eyes caused by the unbearable pain.

"Jun.....!" She gasped, trying to push him away. His hold on her was too strong, too tight. If this goes on any longer, she felt like she might lose her consciousness again.

Or worse, Jun could suck her dry.

"Jun, stop! It hurts!" She managed to speak, this time loud and clear. (YN) felt the blond freeze, and a searing pain shot through her as his fangs were harshly retracted from her neck. Jun staggered back, his eyes wide with terror as he met her own orbs. His mouth was stained red with a crimson liquid.

Blood.

Her blood. She realized with little amount of fright, as a warm and wet sensation continued to seep through the small punctures made by his bite. She quickly raised her palm, firmly laying it flat it on the side of her neck in a poor attempt to get the bleeding to stop.

In front of her, Jun took a few more steps to get away from the female before he collapsed on both knees to the ground. His head hung low as he had both of his hands pressed to his ears. And quite surprisingly, he had been trembling even more than (YN).

"What have I done? What have I done? (YN) will hate me. She will hate me for this. She won't trust me anymore. She had been letting her guard down around me and yet I..." Jun had lost himself in his own thoughts, repeating the same words over and over again. He had worked so hard to get closer to the female, yet he feared he might lose her now. He had been a fool. A complete fool to bring her alone with him and suddenly give in to his instincts.

He could have done better. He couldn't even protect her from his own self.

Jun didn't hear the crunching of the leaves, and only realized too late that (YN) had crouched in front of him. He had bitten her, yet she still had the courage to make an approach. Wasn't she afraid? Wary?

Of course she'd be wary, Jun thought. She was all alone in a cemetery, with no one else but the dead and him. If he was able to take her life in such a place, no one would even hear of it. He thanked whatever gods he knew that he managed regain control. But even that wasn't from his own doing.

If he hadn't heard (YN)'s voice....if he hadn't realized she was hurting....

He wouldn't know what to do with spending the rest of his miserable life in guilt from killing someone he liked.

"Jun you--"

"I'm sorry! I'm really sorry! I didn't want this to happen!" Jun exploded, his hoarse voice cutting off (YN)'s words. He felt utterly pathetic. Jun doubted she would forgive him, yet he braved himself to lift his head, to look at (YN)'s face.

(YN)'s own eyes widened as she stared at his now apple green ones. Tears flowed down his cheeks, and dripped from his chin to stain the dark soil.