11: Urge

"....a cellphone? What's that?" Jun cocked his head to the side, eyes wide with curiosity.

(YN) had been talking to Jun for a while now about specific things she once owned but were now rendered useless in Mavetown. (YN) knew Mavetown was a bit old-fashioned, but she was surprised at just how far from modern civilization the town seemed like. She felt like she had gone back in time, back to when technology hadn't been existing at all.

"Oh well...um, it's like a small box that lights up and has a lot of uses...like, sending messages, taking pictures and looking up information on the internet?" How come it was so hard for her to explain such a thing. Everyone knows what a cellphone is back in her hometown. She's never had to explain it to someone else before.

"What's an internet?" Jun followed.

(YN) sighed. This could go on forever.

"Does this place really not have anything...um, modern?" (YN) asked, not quite sure how to phrase the question correctly.

Jun placed a finger under his chin thoughtfully. "Hmm, let's see...the latest amazing invention we've had here are...radios!" He smiled, seeming pleased that he was able to think of an answer. "We used to listen to music there all the time. But that was a long time ago," his bright demeanor transformed into a slight frown. "The mayor also banned them, the same time he blocked radio signals."

"You keep telling me the mayor did this and that, you really know a lot don't you?" (YN) raised an eyebrow. "Come to think of it, I've never even seen the mayor. Not even a picture. Also how long has it been since the radios were gone? Rather...how long has it been since the mayor secluded this place?"

This had been a surprising piece of information to (YN). If they used to have radios then it must mean that the town did live like normal before, and had access to things they now cannot reach. Just what happened before all of this? A lot of questions started popping like bubbles in her mind. There was a lot that didn't make sense to her.

Jun shuffled uncomfortably as he sat. He seemed alarmed at the questions (YN) shot at him. "U-um...a really, really, really long time?" he laughed awkwardly as he stuttered for a response. In his mind, Jun was cursing himself. He shouldn't have talked too much.

"I really don't know much about it either," he quickly added, hoping that it sounded convincing. "Anyway, I think that's it for tonight, yeah? It's almost curfew so we should head back."

(YN) checked her wristwatch. It was true, they only had two hours left. She shot Jun a suspicious look, somehow his quick changing of the subject didn't sit well with her. Was Jun hiding something?

"Fine," (YN) huffed. She was going to let this go for the meantime. Something was definitely up, but pushing it wouldn't be the smartest thing to do right now.  Getting up from where she sat on the ground, (YN) dusted her skirt before reaching out a hand to Jun.

Surprised at the sudden gesture, Jun stared at (YN) for a moment before grabbing her hand as the female helped him stand up. He couldn't stop himself from breaking into a wide grin afterwards. Why was he so happy over the such a small physical contact? Maybe because (YN) willingly offered it herself?

"What are you so happy about?" (YN) questioned, curious over the taller male's suddenly cheerful mood. 

Jun shrugged his shoulders, "oh, nothing. I'm just happy about tonight~ I mean, I got to talk lots about your city!" he chuckled. "Thanks a lot for your time! I--" Jun was abruptly stopped mid-sentence as he broke out into fits of coughing.

"J-jun? What's wrong?" seeing the sudden change in Jun's demeanor, (YN) tried to step closer to him, worried about his condition. "What happened? Do you need help with anything?" she asked, seeming lost about what to do.

The blond staggered backwards, ultimately hitting his back on a nearby tree bark, to which he leaned on to for support. He held a hand on his throat, as he continued coughing and wheezing for air.

His throat was so dry.

Panic swirled in Jun's already aching head. Why was this happening? Why was he thirsty? He made sure to drink enough blood before going out. Had he perhaps made a mistake with the dosage and he ended up drinking less than the required amount to let him last for the whole day?

This was dangerous.

He's too thirsty.

Jun looked up at the girl in-front of him, his eyes screaming pain.

"This is bad," he thought. If he doesn't get away soon, or if he can't make (YN) get away from him, he might do something out of his control. He shouldn't let that happen.

"(YN) I--" he started, before once again breaking into heavier fits of cough. His head was faced downwards, his long bangs shading over his eyes as his fingers grabbed and clawed on his throat. He'll go crazy if he won't be able to satiate his thirst. Now.

He was shaking so much, his knees almost gave in to let him fall on the ground.

"Jun?! Jun, are you okay!?" (YN) immediately grabbed his shoulders intending to support his body. However, she was caught by surprise when Jun's free hand gripped her arm so tightly, push her against the tree bark to replace his position, and caging her between his arms.

"(YN)...I'm...sorry..." In between gasps of air, he tried to speak. It was not until Jun looked up to face her that she knew what was wrong.

His once emerald orbs were bloodshot red, as tears slightly formed in the corner of his eyes. He was gasping for air through his mouth, and the sight of his fangs were clear as the moonlight which hung above them.

"N-no way...." (YN)'s voice shook in fear at the realization.

Jun was a vampire too.

Jun looked at her, a mixture of guilt, regret, pain and all sorts of confusion on his face. "I'm sorry...I...I don't--"

I don't want to do this.

Was what he wanted to say.

But he couldn't finish his sentence as his thirst urged for him to attack her neck.