15: Desire

"I'm sorry Cherry, I guess you won't be having your dream date," (YN) sighed dejectedly in front of her friend, earning her a sympathetic pat on the back from Cherry.

"I'm sorry too, for letting you do that all by yourself. I should have tried to help more, knowing it was me who so badly wanted to have that ball..." Cherry trailed off, equally disappointed as her.

(YN) had told Cherry the accounts of everything that had happened up to Ace's rejection. Once more, she left out little details, embarrassed to bring them up at all. It had been imprinted in the back of her mind, and she could still see the scene as clear as day. The way Ace's gaze landed on her, how he trapped her on the wall, and what was up with that tone of voice?

(YN) found herself shivering a little whenever she thought of that moment.

"But I was so close, what a waste. I worked hard too..." (YN) groaned, and Cherry echoed it, crossing her arms across her chest.

"I've always thought that Ace was a jerk. Oooooh that little--" Cherry coughed, and (YN) knew it was because she had wanted to avoid saying mean things. "Anyway, he should have at least tried to listen as thanks for all your hard work!" Her friend exclaimed. Somehow Cherry was more riled up about this whole situation than her.

"It's okay," (YN) gave a dismissive wave in the air, "it's not like I'll be going back anyway."

"Hm? You're quitting?"

(YN) gave an affirmative nod, "Yeah, it's not like I have anything to do there anymore don't I? Ace already rejected my request."

"Oh well," Cherry shrugged, " if that's for the best."

~~~

It wasn't the best for a certain raven-haired male. These past few days he spent alone in his office had made him feel agitated. Him. Agitated. He had never felt such a thing before.

It had been five days since (YN) vacated her position, and Ace had willingly let her go seeing as he shouldn't have any business with her anymore. Yet within these five days, he found himself submitting to his habits of looking up from his desk to utter a command to a certain female.

Only to open his mouth and realize that she was already gone.

Ace took off his glasses and ran a hand through his face. He leaned forward on his desk, placing his chin atop the back of his hands. What on earth was happening to him?

What are you doing to me (YN)?

How did his little game of cat and mouse turn the tables on him? (YN) had been haunting his mind, never seeming to leave him alone. He hated this feeling, hated the uneasiness that ate at him because of a certain someone not being in his possession anymore. He had always thought (YN) was quite special, had seen her as another one of his lovely playthings.

Yet was he the one being played?

Ace groaned in frustration as he rubbed his temples. He was the game master, and (YN) should have been his little puppet. Yet somehow, it seemed like everything wasn't working to his favor.

A light knocking on his door prompted him to shove his thoughts away. Seconds later, a head peeked in through the doorway, her (color) hair catching his attention.

"Ah yes, please come in," Ace beckoned to the girl as he shuffled in his seat. The female slowly closed the door on her way in, and Ace noted the tense air which surrounded her. He took delight in knowing that he once again held the upper hand, having her in his territory and seeing the lack of confidence on her face.

"H-have I done something wrong? Why did you call for me?" Came her meek inquiry.

Ace stood from his seat, circling his desk so that he would come face to face with her. He summoned her on a whim, mainly controlled by his own desire for her. Ace felt disgusted at the fact that he seemed to lose all logic and reason when it came to the girl. (YN) had been avoiding his gaze from the start, seemingly uncomfortable with his presence.

Ace loosed a breath, "Why are you doing this to me, (YN)?" he murmured softly, more to himself, but audible enough for her to hear. He grabbed her chin quite forcefully so that their eyes would meet. Confusion swam within the female's orbs.

"A-Ace....?" She called out to him, her voice smaller than ever. Gods, his name sounded lovely coming from her lips. Ace took in a sharp breath, letting her scent fill his senses. Her blood had been the sweetest fragrance of them all.

Her blood. That's right, he should have realized it. The first time he had scented her, he had coveted for her blood.

And for the first time in his life, Ace had let his own desire take over his good judgement.

"Ace...? What are you....doing...." It wasn't until she took notice of the rippling in the male's pupils that (YN) had started to tremble. The silver within them slowly swirled and turned into a familiar crimson which struck her with a realization.

"You-- no...you are also....one..." She stumbled on her words, and Ace was quick to catch on what she had meant. His smirk grew wider, revealing two sharp fangs in place of his pearly white teeth.

"Ah~ So you already know about us? That is quite pleasing to hear. I don't know why I had to hold myself back," He chuckled. With a motion too swift for her to counter, Ace had grabbed on her waist turning to pin her on his desk.

His breath came dangerously close to her neck, and (YN) was all too familiar with where this was headed to. She frantically pushed her hands on Ace's chest as an attempt to get him away. Yet he was strong, too strong to run away from as he held a single tight grip on both of her hands. (YN) winced in pain as he felt his grab nearly crushing her wrists.

"Tell me," Her blood ran cold as he placed his lips near her ears. "How would you like it if I made you my personal bloodbank? You don't have to worry about a thing darling, you will be given the utmost care if you behave well~" 

"N-No! Let me go," Came her immediate shaky reply. She could no longer recognize the frightening man in front of her. His expression was crazed, completely distant from the deadly calm politeness she had been accustomed to. She squirmed under him, her whole body sending him an obvious message that she wanted out.

Unfortunately, (YN) seemed to forget that Ace never accepted "No" for an answer.

"Wrong choice. You will be punished for it."

Without warning, two sharp fangs pierced the skin on her neck for a third time. (YN) gasped as the pain travelled throughout her whole body like electricity.

"It hurts...! Ace, stop! Please!" She pleaded, as tears came to dampen her eyes. The vampire took no heed as he continued to harshly suck the sweet nectar from her neck. He knew he was doing it in a way that would hurt her, and the action was intentional. Ace could feel the excitement in his body build up as he listened to the female's cries. His grip on her wrists tightened even more, guaranteed to leave a red marking later on.

More, more, a voice in his head kept saying. He wanted more. He needed more. Her blood, her pleading. It filled him with pleasure.

For a moment, he pulled away from her just to get a glimpse of her expression. Her eyes were frozen in fear, and her face cheeks were stained with her tears. This was truly a beautiful sight to behold. Ace's own little doll.

He had wanted to take the time and marvel at her cowering state when he felt a strong impact to the side of his face. The blow sent him almost flying towards the bookshelves as his back hit the hard wood, causing the books and documents behind him to fall in disarray.

"Do not touch her," a sudden third presence growled at him. Ace looked up, meeting eyes with an enraged azure-haired male.

Note: I'm sorry for the slow updates, but thank you so much for reading! Truthfully I do not have confidence in this but everyone's votes and comments keep me going.