13: His Assistant

"(YN), would you kindly make a copy of these files please. It is needed for a meeting by the school council later," Ace ordered, his tone a polite one while he kept scribbling away at a piece of paper that left (YN) wondering about their contents. Not that she'd be able to understand them anyway, knowing how Ace likes to read and write about complicated things that mere humans like her couldn't comprehend.

"But...but I'm not yet done with--"

The rough sound of a pen running on paper stopped as Ace lifted his eyes to shoot a look towards (YN). Behind his dark frames, she could see why most students had been intimidated by him.

"Copies. Now."

"Yes sir," (YN) mockingly announced, yet unexpectedly earning a satisfied huff from the dark-haired male.

Begrudgingly, she left her own little pile of work as she made her way to grab the stack of papers that Ace had placed above his desk.

"And this is for you," Shifting her eyes towards Ace, she watched as his hands moved to place a rectangular metallic piece in front of her.

Upon closer look, she realised it was a small nameplate.

(YN) (LN)
Student Assistant

Was what it read.

"Um, thank you," She murmured before taking the nameplate as well and heading back towards her own little desk.

Dumping the new stack beside an older stack of papers she had already been working on, (YN) sighed. Make copies, he said, as if it were such an easy thing to do.

Oh it would be, if only photocopiers existed in this whole place. Instead, they had the good old-fashioned typewriters. At least she wouldn't be making handwritten copies. Oh how she missed the computers from her hometown.

It hadn't even been three days since (YN) had somehow gotten herself into this, and Ace had been giving her work non-stop. She never understood why she accepted being in this position.

~flashback~

(YN) had been eating with Cherry in the school cafeteria when the red-haired coughed, in a way that meant she wanted to say something very important.

(YN) raised an eyebrow in question, still within the process of chewing her food.

"(YN). I beseech you. Please help me out," Her friend asked in a grave tone, her hands clasped in front of her, and a dark shadow casted over her face. Swallowing her food, (YN) pushed away her own tray.

"I'm getting nervous," (YN) replied.

"I know this is going to sound ridiculous, and might possibly be impossible but..." Cherry trailed off, somehow hesitating to continue.

"Spit it out," (YN) rolled her eyes.

"Please convince Ace to let us have a school ball so I can ask Shin out!" Cherry burst out her words in the speed of light which had (YN) choking on nothing.

"W-what!?" (YN) exclaimed, right after chugging down a whole glass of juice to relieve her own throat.

"Please! You're the only one I know! You're somewhat acquainted with Ace, right? Besides, aren't you friends with his cousin right now?"

(YN) had told Cherry that Jun and her were good friends when the red-haired girl caught Jun enthusiastically waving towards (YN)'s direction. So she told Cherry some things, while of course leaving out the part where Jun was actually a blood-sucking creature that would probably scare the shit out of her friend.

"And how am I supposed to do that?!" (YN) shot back, shaking her head in disapproval.

Cherry gave her a wide and mischievous grin, shoving a piece of paper in-front of her face. (YN) read the large letters, realizing the paper was announcing the need of a student assitant for the student council.

~flashback end~

And so here she was, sorting through letters and making copies of school documents in behalf of the student council president, Ace.

Cherry had begged, and begged, and begged until she finally could not do anything but just give in to her friend's utterly ridiculous request.

Infiltrate the student council, get the president in your favor and make a ball happen, Cherry demanded. All for the sake of her friend's little crush.

(YN) felt like this was all too much work for her. She should have dragged Cherry along. Maybe they could share a table and divide all the work she had been doing for the past few days.

Admittingly, a school ball indeed sounded interesting. She heard the school's headmaster stopped holding the event ever since a chaotic incident from years ago where a lot of students had gotten out of control and basically caused quite a large disaster, enough to tarnish the school's reputation.

But if she could convince Ace, a highly respected student, to submit a letter of request to the headmaster for a ball...

No one says no to Ace.

Cherry had thought this out quite well, (YN) realized.

(YN) decided that she too, would like to experience a ball. Having her newfound motivation rekindling her spirits, (YN) cracked her fingers and got to working.

She's going to impress Ace and get that ball approved.

~~~

Silver eyes fixated on the (color) haired girl before him. Ace sensed that she had come here for a purpose. Otherwise, he didn't know what other reason would have prompted her to show up in his office one day and inquire for the student assistant's position with such determination in her eyes.

In any case, he had already decided that she won't be getting what she wants. At least not that easily.

Ace had a feeling that he would be having a lot of fun.