Chapter 3 Nostalgia

Those eyes.

Those deep melancholic blue eyes are going to haunt her forever.

Hana froze in the middle of the day and before she could even let that intake of air leave her lungs, Althea stopped, just inches away from where she stood petrified. Her cheeks were going to explode when Althea let out a sigh of exasperation, and at the same moment, her strong bone-chilling hand reached up and cupped her jaw, turning her face back to the blonde.

She knew it was just her own denial, and she wished she could, for the life of her, escape from those blue eyes. But she knew she couldn't. Her heart was melting at the sight of those fiery blue eyes. "Let me go! This is harassment!"

"You are one to talk about harassment," Joshua fixed the cufflinks in his sleeve and cleared his throat before reciting. "Section three of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 states that: following a person and publishing any statement or other material—relating or purporting to relate to a person, will henceforth be charged person guilty of an offense. Therefore you are liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 11 months and three weeks."

Hana's face paled at those incomprehensible words but she knew she was in trouble if she won't comply.

"So what will it be?" Joshua placed a speculative hand on his chin, successfully instilling fear. "You listen to Althea's terms or will it be over at the court?"

Hana's heartbeats in tandem, first from an unknown butterfly feeling and now in rapid fear of the terms unknown. Composing herself, she managed to muster up a brave front. "This intimidation isn't good for making new friends!"

Althea smirked and it widened a moment later as she noticed how Hana was shifting uncomfortably. "You should be practicing your advocate, miss stalker."

Hana pointed a finger to the blonde's nose. "I challenge you!"

The blonde was taken aback when the girl pointed to her nose instead of the usual point towards the chest. A triumphant smile replaced her initial surprise. "Challenge me how little lamb?"

When the chess rivals started staring at her, Althea was the only one who bore the kind of stare that sent the girl's heart hammering by instinct while Joshua seemed to be talking with serious expressions on his face. Even when Althea was teasing her, she was also disarmingly sweet when she less expected it.

"I'll take up your offer in playing chess," Hana whispered. She didn't know why she had to whisper. Perhaps because it seemed she was reacting towards dangerous predators in the jungle. "But of course you have to teach me. If I win, you'd let me keep the photos and if I lose, be my guest in deleting them."

Althea crossed her arms and gave Hana some space; she looked at her as if weighing her of why she was doing this, even if she has zero percent chance of winning to a bunch of pros.

The tall girl took a step back, offering for her to take a seat. "Your lesson starts now."