Chapter 34 Training

If there was one thing Andromeda regretted, it was lacking the courage to speak up. Remembering all those times where she didn't, like the time where Professor Oakley's words had no filter, where Tosca was leaning towards the wrong path.

She didn't even mutter a single word when Tosca continuously hurt her, and most importantly she didn't speak up when she and Tosca hurt Hana.

Andromeda had always gone for the best, but she knew these past few days were short. And Althea has set a truth bomb when she scolded her.

It was funny to think that someone younger than Andromeda had the courage she lacked all those years.

The same words kept repeating in Andromeda's daily thoughts and it even kept her up at night. It was like a chant, a mantra. Perhaps her own way to mentally prepare for a decision she had to make.

Unable to sleep as she lied on the sofa, Andromeda reached for her phone whose bright light ignited as soon as she swiped it open. It was midnight, though lately, time did not seem such a big deal to her unless she has to go to work.

Andromeda tried to remember how the day had gone by—slowly, surely. If not for the clock on her phone and the day marked in the calendar, she would have thought that it had been years since Hana was terribly hurt and had left her, disappointed and betrayed. In fact, it was just a few days, or something close to it.

And when she would sleep, she would hear someone laughing. It was so familiar and on second thought, she realized it had been just a distant memory flashing through her tired mind. The sleepless nights must have made her delusional.

Andromeda knew she was losing it. Of that, there was no doubt, but it seemed almost appropriate at that time.

When morning came, she sat on the sofa lost in thought. As if her shower thoughts still hasn't finished even as she sat there fully dressed and ready for work. She glanced at the cup of coffee resting on the desk near her home camera and tripod and sighed.

She grabbed her coffee, finding it lukewarm, and downed it all in one go.

Today was a long day, the fact that Headmistress Mariam listened to her suggestion to partner up with Althea and Hana got her feeling a little progressive in mending her torn relationship with her student. She just hoped that Hana will get the boost of confidence that Andromeda didn't get to have.

Andromeda wanted to visit Hana and be there for her as the Japanese girl attend her lessons with her former mentor. Professor Oakley's course can be a bit too much, speaking from her experience; albeit, in the end, she decided not to go. Hana had plenty of support from Althea and she was sure that Hana wasn't ready to see or forgive her just yet.

Hana needed time and time she will have. Tosca, on the other hand, had too much time. It's now or never.

Andromeda left the University after a day's work, evading the other senior Professors to escape their favors and requests. They would task her for being young and it annoyed her to no end. She knew what she had to do and that is to finally have a conversation with Tosca.

She went to her vehicle that was parked far away from the entrance. Her hand swiftly started the engine. The car revved deafeningly for a good two seconds before it jerked forward.

No more regrets. No more misunderstandings. No more cowardice.

For the sake of everyone involved, Andromeda knew what she has to do.