Chapter 12 Payback

Earlier that morning, Althea forgot one crucial detail. She wasn't one who could forget that easily but because of her jumpy nerves from excitement and anxiety, she has a predicament to deal with now.

After reading Joshua's text that he'll be on his way to get her, she walked in slowly towards her painting room. Professor Tosca was already stationed in her seat and reading a magazine as usual. But today, it was about video games.

When the Italian professor noticed her, she said, "As always you're in time, Miss Lancaster. Come let's begin."

"Actually Professor, I have something to tell you."

"Oh?" Professor Tosca clasped the magazine shut and crossed her legs, "Sounds important."

Althea bit her inner cheek, ever since she lost her spark in painting; her mentor was there for her all the time.

Professor Tosca would give her painting lessons in her free time and they never went off schedule. Practicing and following their schedule was important for both of them with their busy lives. The Professor was strict and so was she.

They had their life rhythm blended harmoniously to accommodate each other. That is, until now—where Althea had to apologize for the disruption on the day itself.

"First of all, I'm in deep gratitude for all that you've done for me."

"Let's not make it sappy, Althea."

Althea smiled. "Yes, of course, Professor. I fear we can't continue today's lesson for I had a previous arrangement that I failed to mention to you before today."

Professor Tosca's eyes widened. She crossed her arms in deep stun that Althea feared that the woman was sent into shock. She finally mustered. "What arrangement is it so that you would give it a higher priority than this?"

"You said so yourself I should find myself a muse," Althea said. "And I'm certain I had found one."

Now Althea was sure that Professor Tosca was turned into stone. It was a long time before she even blinked. "Oh Nine Muses, Althea! Finally, a boy has earned your interest!"

"Umm," Althea's gaze fell to the floor, her cheeks warm. "It's not a boy."

"Oh!" Professor Tosca said, "Forgive me for implying, is he just a friend?"

"Even better," Althea couldn't help but grin. "I found a girl."

Professor Tosca bolted to her feet, startling Althea as she placed both her hands on her student's shoulder. "I'm so ecstatic for you, Miss Lancaster! And a girl, is she truly the one who can inspire you? Tell me, dear child. Did you ask her to become your model?"

"I did. And she will agree once I agree to be her model as well."