Chapter 19 Mentors

If truth needed to be told, Andrea knew Hana was going to need her that night. So the moment she got Hana's text, she didn't think twice to run from her apartment to the student's dormitory building.

Hana was shocked to see her by her door half an hour later in her tracksuit. "Professor! I didn't know you would come all the way here!"

"I couldn't sleep... like you. So I went here." She said, awkwardly. "Do you want to tell me what happened during the Photoshoot?"

"Would you like some lunch, Professor? We have some leftover pizza."

"No thanks, Hana. I just ate." The French woman patted her stomach for extra emphasis

"But—" Hana started. "Alright then, but if you would like anything, just let me know."

"Tea sounds great." She made her way across the living room to have a seat next to where Hana was.

"Okay!" Hana flashed a smile that somehow was both goofy and sad at the same time to get them some tea.

While the tea was brewing, Hana took some leftover pizza they had for dinner for herself, finding that she was once again hungry, and walked over to the microwave to reheat them. An insistent and dull hum of the machine began in the background, breaking the silence that had overtaken the room.

As soon as the tea was finished, Hana placed the cups and the kettle on the table and she attacked the existence of the heated pizza.

Smiling, and with a slight twinkle in her eye, Professor Andrea nodded approvingly at seeing Hana stuff her face with it. Picking up her cup, she blew off some steam, before taking a sip. "So..." she continued hesitantly.

"She kissed me," Hana said as a matter of fact and continued devouring a second pizza piece.

Professor Andrea was forced to swallow the sweet plum flavored tea in shock. "What?"

"Umm," Hana thought that she needed to clarify. "My muse kissed me. On my cheek and she said that kissing is a form of art and it's open to many interpretations."

Professor Andrea waited for the reveal before she could have a coughing fit from swallowing the tea in the wrong way. "Did she tell you what it meant to her?"

"Well," Hana breathed heavily. "She didn't get the chance to because her best friend took her away. And all night, I've been calling and texting her and she's not responding! I don't know what to do!"

The French woman pushed her glasses back up to the bridge of her nose. A gesture she always does when she was nervous and contemplating her words. Hana was in distress and she can tell why. "Why not ask her tomorrow at school? I must admit that Miss Lancaster is a busy person. It's not good to overthink and dwell on elaborate scenarios. And since you can't sleep, let me help you edit those photos you took."