Chapter 17 Teasing

Like all good things, today has naturally lead to its end. Even the photoshoot that Hana dreaded and planned for 24/7.

Hana really thought it would surpass tomorrow and they had to have an unplanned camp for the night in Amanda's trailer. She already had a lot of favors and indebted gratitude to reciprocate if her friends missed their morning classes for her.

Hana tuned everyone out as everybody exchanged goodbyes to one another. Everyone did a fine job not to mention Althea's sudden display of affection towards her, though Hana knew her friends were itching to discuss it when Althea wasn't in the vicinity.

She was returning her DSLR to its bag properly and neatly when she heard a whisper.

"We'll continue our previous arrangements, right?"

Hana spun around to see Althea like a cat who's shyly asking for attention while making it seem like she doesn't, "Of course! I will still model for you. Just call me up. Also, I know I might be asking too much, but I want you to come and visit me at the Photography exhibit! Professor Andrea will be there!"

"Why thank you, Hana. I am informed of the schedule, as I am the committee chair of the Luna Nova Samhain festival. I wanted to be assured that you'd want me there."

"Are you kidding me?" Hana gasped. "You're my model, silly! I want you to be there! But, you won't be seeing your photos until the day because I want you to be surprised after I edit the saturation and contrast a little."

The British girl nodded with a smile. "I can't wait, Hana."

It was awkward. Hana couldn't shrug away the one thing that's plagued her mind. Althea rarely did such a thing. "H-hey Althea? A-about the kiss? What was that about?"

Althea didn't reply for a few minutes or so, she blinked twice. When she finally spoke, what came out from her lips wasn't what Hana expected. "Kissing is a form of art, Hana. It is open to interpretation to anyone and such. It is, however, you want it to be."

"But what about you?" Hana asked. "What is your interpretation of it?"

They looked at each other for a couple of minutes, not knowing what to say. Hana didn't know what to believe, and Althea didn't seem to want to speak. Hana hoped she said something first—anything that would eventually engage Althea in a conversation without having for her to brush away the question she has for the blonde girl. She just wanted Althea to explain, what the kiss implied. She wished Althea muttered something that would clarify their situation—even a barely perceptible humming would do at that moment, just not this blatting silence that threatened to take the magic away from them.

"Bloody hell, Althea!" Joshua suddenly got in between them. He looked impossibly rattled after looking at his wristwatch to make sure he didn't misread. "Look at the time! We should be going."

Althea seemed to know Joshua's reservations when she gave him a silent nod.