Chapter 5》Avoid

••Taehyung••

I didn't know where that sudden slap of courage came from when I talked with the famous Kyungsoo, but it just happened.

For the past hour, I haven't been listening  to the lecture Mr. Akoi was currently giving us. Though I know that this was important since it had someting to do with our first test this semester, I couldn't help but praise myself.

"Mr. Kim?" The teacher called out, making me snap out of my day dream.

"Y-yes sir?" I asked, standing up.

Mr. Akoi smirked and spoke up.

"When was the dynasty of Shang found?" He asked, hoping I would simply embarass myself for not listening to him.

Hah, sorry old man, but I'm too smart for your little jokes.

"Sir, you haven't taught us that. Not yet, at least." I said, giving him a small smile.

"Oh, but I did. You just didn't listen." He said through gritted teeth.

This made me smirk at him.

"No, sir. Last week, friday. I completely remember you telling the whole class you weren't going to discuss the Shang Dynasty until early August. Actually, scratch that. You were in such a good mood that you were not paying attention to what you were saying. You promised us not to discuss the Shang Dynasty until early August. Everyone knows you don't break promises, right? Or, like you said, there are consequences." I said, my voice low, not letting out any emotion.

Mr. Aoki simply scoffs at this and lets me sit down.

I leaned my back on the spine of the chair and decided to listen to the poor man's lecture.

•••

Finally, the bell rang and it was finally time for lunch.

The halls were getting busier and busier by the minute and the cafeteria was beginning to get full.

If I didn't run now, I'm sure as hell my friends wouldn't save me a seat. So I'd be left with either paying for Jungkook to share his seat with me, or just not eat at all.

I decided to take the safest option and run. I ran through the sea of bodies and when I got to the cafeteria, I found myself a seat and took it before any body else could.

"Tae, how much does your jacket cost?" Jimin asks, taking a fork full of salad in his mouth.

"Oh, this? A hundred and fifty dollars." I answered, shrugging shoulders.

Jungkook spat out the milk he was sipping and stared at me with a hanging jaw.

"What?" I asked, looking at my friend who looked at me like they just saw a ghost.

"Are you serious?!" Jin asks, making me chuckle.

"Dead serious. My father gave this to me as a birthday present. It's Gucci. Explains why it's hella expensive." I said, opening the lid to my strawberry yogart.

"Wow, your family's filthy rich." Hoseok says, finishing his cup of noodles.

I didn't agree nor disagree to his remark.