The Message to Lily

[Your POV]

My morning was not off to a good start. I was woken up by Lily at six a.m. because "today's our first day, (Y/N)! We don't want to be late!" I had a sneaking suspicion she just wanted to get to the Great Hall early so she wouldn't have to sit beside James, (because James, being James, knows that Lily is not an early bird and saves her a seat at the table) but I decided that she was right. I was going to talk to Lily about my little talk with James last night, but she was already rushing out the dormitory, mumbling something about not wanting to be near that "snobby, arrogant tosser James Potter." I half smiled and followed Lily out the door.

[Lily's POV]

I decided to get to the Great Hall early, since here was no way I was going to face that loathsome git and his trio. I sat down, far from where I usually sat last year, and drummed my fingernails on the table. I quickly smiled as (Y/N) joined me.

"So, I had a talk with James last night," (Y/N) began, hesitantly.

I rolled my eyes. "I don't care what he has to say. He treats me like I'm some object, (Y/N), always wolf whistles when I walk by or calls me "hot." He knows how uncomfortable that makes me feel," I said, irritated.

"He said he was so sorry and he knew what he did was wrong, I really, really think he meant it, Lily," she prompted.

I narrowed my eyes and sat in silence.

"He, uh, wants to apologize to you, that's what he told me. He just doesn't want you to ignore him," she gave me a small smile.

"Alright, then," I said cautiously as I shifted in my seat, "he has one more chance. Tell him Whomping Willow, seven p.m., I'll be there waiting for my apology."

I saw (Y/N) smirk and I quickly reddened.

"N-no, it's not a date! Make sure he knows that, too," I stutter.

"Whatever you say, Lily flower," she said, smugly.

[Your POV]

     In between classes, I quickly gave Lily's message to James. I would be lying if I said his reaction was unpredictable. His eyes widened and he dropped his books on the floor.

"LILY EVANS WANTS TO MEET ME - ME! - ON A DATE?"

I shush him and explain.

"No, she's given you one more chance to apologize to her. It's not a date, okay? This is the best offer you'll get."

His smile started fading as he picked up his books, but he still looked happy.

"Rubbish, I'll still get to talk to her. Thanks, (Y/N), you really helped me out here!"  he yelled as he disappeared down the hallway.

-time skip-

[Remus' POV]

     James was literally bouncing off the walls when we saw him after classes.

"Mate, you look like classes have been cancelled for a whole semester," Peter questioned, "what's gotten into you?"

James smiled, breathlessly, "Lily agreed to let me apologize to her - seven o'clock, Whomping Willow - 'no, it's not a date, James,'" he added that last part, frowning.

"AYY, that's my boy, James!" Sirius whooped.

"You better not blow this, mate," I chuckled, "cause once Lily's mad, she's mad, not even Merlin can save your arse,"

Peter piped up as James glared at me. "Good on you, mate, but, what'll you say?"

James thought for a moment. "I'll say the truth, I guess, that I hope she forgives me and that I'm actually sorry, blah blah blah."

"We have to follow you, of course," Sirius announced. "We should show up for moral support, or something."

"Lies," I snapped at Sirius, "you just want to see if James'll make a move on her."

I narrowed my eyes. "James, you better not flirt. That'll make her hate you even more, you know that, right?"

James threw his hands up in exasperation. "Oh, and since when did you ever become the love expert?" He retorted.

"Ever since he's started to fancy (Y/N)," said Sirius, who was now chewing some Drooble's gum.

"I DO NOT," I blushed, as James and Peter starting lifting their eyebrows.

James socked me on the arm. "It's kind of obvious now, isn't it, now that I think about it," he said, as he stroked his chin for effect.

"I DON'T FANCY (Y/N)," I retaliate, "Sirius likes to make stuff up."

"Okay, mate, whatever you say, but I say get the chick before she's gone, (Y/N) is a rare one," Sirius chuckles as he and James leave the dorm, with Peter hurrying quickly after them.