Lucius Malfoy

[Your POV]

I ate more Pumpkin Pasties and Chocolate Frogs that day than all my years at Hogwarts put together. I finished my Charms homework and took a walk to the Whomping Willow.

To my surprise, today had been kind of productive - under the circumstances.

But one thing was stuck in the back of my mind, nagging me - Remus.

The Halloween dance was tomorrow and he hadn't asked me. I wasn't even sure if I wanted him to ask me.

I tapped my foot as I usually did when I was nervous, anxious or frustrated, and bit my lower lip constantly.

I snapped out of my daze when I heard a surprisingly sharp knock at my door.

"It's open," I said cautiously, stretching my neck to see the doorframe.

I was hoping to see Remus, but no, instead, it was... Severus?

"Severus?" I said, getting to my feet.

His tall figure leant against the doorframe, with a look of boredom on his face.

"Lucius wants to talk to you about something," he explained, still bored, "he said to meet him at the Whomping Willow in 10 minutes."

My eyebrows knit together in confusion.

"Lucius?" I said, crossing my arms and slightly narrowing my eyes, "why would he want to talk to me?"

"I don't know," he said, now examining his fingernails, "and frankly, I don't care."

I rolled my eyes as I said "Whatever, bye," and gestured him out.

I looked at the time and noticed that dinner was staring in ten minutes.

Surely, if he wanted to talk to me about something, he could do it at dinner in the Great Hall, couldn't he?

I shrugged to myself as I put on a light jacket and headed out to talk to Lucius.

[time skip]

"Hi, Lucius," I said as I walked nearer to him, then paused and crossed my arms, "what's up?"

"Hello, (Y/N). I assume Severus told you that I wanted to talk to you about something?" he asked.

"Yeah, and I assume it's something so important that we couldn't discuss it in the Great Hall?" I started to grow annoyed. Cold, too.

He chuckled. It sounded cold.

"Well, yes. I didn't want to talk to you about this in a public setting - especially since your ex-boyfriend might listen."

I was taken aback. I narrowed my eyes and spat, "what the hell are you talking about? Remus is not my ex!"

He chuckled that cold chuckle again.

"Alright, whatever. My question is," he paused, "would you like to accompany me to the Halloween dance tomorrow?"

I lowered my hands and clutched them lightly. My eyes softened and I spoke quieter.

"The dance? With you? Like, tomorrow?" I blabbered.

"Yes, (Y/N), like, tomorrow," he said, jokingly mocking me.

I processed this. I didn't really like Lucius, he was narcissistic and rude. But, on the other hand, there were handfuls of girls wanting to dance with him, and he wanted me...

I felt a jolt in my chest that warmed up my body for a split second. I could've just gone to the dance with Lucius and subtly shown off that I didn't need Remus or his stupid Marauder friends. Plus, it was just a dance... and I didn't want to go alone, either...

"Alright, sure," I said, putting my hands up, "it could be fun."

I was trying to convince myself of this.

"Great," he smiled, "it's a date, then. I'll be at your dorm by 6:45 pm tomorrow."

He turned and walked away, just like that.

I stood there for a few moments, reassuring myself that tomorrow would be fun, no big deal, but it certainly didn't feel like it.

~
06.18.18
w/c ; 616
-
hello hello!
thank you so much for 4K reads! I hope you enjoy this (unacceptably short, sorry) chapter while I brainstorm ideas for upcoming chapters. Thanks for all the love!

emma x