A Wonderful Christmas

[Your POV]

I woke up at 6 a.m. on the dot to Lily shaking me awake.

"What," I grumbled as I rolled on my stomach, "do you want."

"Oh come on, (Y/N)," Lily said, flipping me over and grabbing my arms, flailing them.

"It's the morning of Christmas Eve, aren't you excited! We need to go to Hogsmeade, come on, the train will leave without us!" she exclaimed, tugging my arm in a failed attempt of getting me out of bed.

"But I don't wannaaaaa," I wailed like a toddler.

Cold days in Hogwarts were always the best because McGonagall charmed the blankets with an extra layer of heat.

"Well, that's too bad, since Christmas is tomorrow and you still haven't bought Remus anything," she chimed, crossing her arms.

"Oh, Merlin's beard!" I yelled as I shot up from my bed and ran straight to the bathroom.

Lily sighed and chuckled.

- at Hogsmeade -

"I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to get Potter," Lily huffed, searching through a rack of Gryffindor scarves.

"Easy, anything from Zonko's will do the trick," I said absentmindedly, my attention on colour-changing mood mugs.

Lily's face brightened up.

"Oh, you're brilliant! Why didn't I think of that," she marvelled.

"It's a shame that I don't know what to get my boyfriend but I know what to get yours," I muttered.

"Are you dense? That's so easy. A good book and some chocolate," she crossed her arms.

"Well, you're not wrong," I said, heading out of the shop, "come on then!"

We headed to Zonko's, where Lily purchased an enchanted broomstick that would clunk everyone (but the owner) on the head if they tried to ride it.

After that, we made our way to Honeydukes.

"There are so many choices in here," I fretted, "I don't know what to get."

I compared two huge bars of chocolate, one with almonds and one with hazelnuts.

"What about this?" Lily suggested, holding up a bar of chocolate with emerald packaging, "you can't go wrong with regular milk chocolate."

I took the bar from her and examined it.

"Milk chocolate like you've never had it before," I read, "it's like drinking a glass of chocolate milk. Literally."

"That kind of sounds like it belongs in Zonko's," Lily pointed out.

"Oh, it's fine," I waved my hand dismissively, "I'm positive he'll like it."

With that, I paid for the chocolate and left.

- back at Hogwarts -

[Remus' POV]

I was enjoying Christmas Eve dinner with James and Sirius, talking to them eagerly about Christmas the next day.

"So, Moony," Sirius asked me, "what'd you get (Y/N)?"

"I got her a charm bracelet that spells out her name, and each charm glows a different colour," I said proudly.

It had taken me quite a while to bewitch that bracelet.

"Aye, that's my mate. What about you, Prongs, what'd you get Lily?"

"Hmm?" said James, who was more into his pasta than our conversation.

"It's Christmas tomorrow, James. Did you get anything for Lily?" I rephrased.

James looked at us in horror as the pasta in his mouth fell onto his plate.

"HOLY CRAP! I FORGOT TO GET LILY A GIFT!" he screamed.

He stood up and quickly cursed at himself, then rushed out of the dining hall.

"That is one of the many reasons why I like being single," Padfoot choked with laughter.

"Oh really, cause all you do is talk about girls. The only reason why you don't have a girlfriend is because you're such a git," I punched him jokingly on the arm.

"No," he said, stern, "it's because no one deserves all this," he pointed to himself and smiled a cocky smile.

- Christmas Day -

"Merry Christmas, my love," I said as I greeted (Y/N) with a kiss on the cheek.

"Merry Christmas, Remmy," she kissed me back and smiled.

I noticed she was holding two particularly big parcels, all addressed "To Remus, my love."

I looked down at my small parcel suddenly didn't feel so proud anymore.

(Y/N) must've noticed this and looked me in the eye.

"Hey, look. It doesn't matter how big or small your present is. I'm sure I'll love it anyways," she casually slipped her fingers through mine, "it's from you, and I gratefully appreciate anything from you."

I snuggled her close as we walked to breakfast.

~
29th August, 2018
727 words
-
hey, you guys!
thanks for reading this awfully short chapter. As you may know, school starts soon and I may not have time to post as often. I'll let you know my 'posting schedule' ASAP. New chapter coming on Sept 4 (my first day of school !!)

emma x