Fake Dating

[quick a/n - tysm for all the reads whaaaat love you all]

[Remus' POV]

The idea of me accepting the fact that I liked (Y/N) was still a bit, well, frazzling, if you would. I guess I always knew it in some part of me deep down, but it hadn't been triggered as something I was aware of until someone pointed it out. I guess years of hiding behind books and watching one of your friends chase a girl, one of them chase all girls and one of them having practically no love life (a/n sorry Peter) would blind you of the affection you had for someone, that you didn't even know about.

Having (Y/N) around me made me happy, I imagined her as a little ray full of love and happiness that would radiate on everyone she came in contact with. I had never had feelings for a girl, in all honesty, until I met her.

Platform 9 3/4, circa 1970.

She had been speaking with her parents when she looked back and saw me. I was instantly frozen when she smiled at me, it was like the world had stopped for the mere seconds she looked my way.

I had to know who she was. Being the young Gryffindor I was (would be, I hadn't been sorted yet) I went up to her and introduced myself.

We shook hands. I felt her warm, soft skin on my hands for the first time. It felt like magic.

We made small talk as we got on the train. We had instantly became friends - along with the other three.

Years would go by before I realized that I liked (loved?) her.

The rest was history.

[Your POV]

I had just finished Charms and was on my way to my dormitory to rest a bit before lunch. O.W.Ls were at the end of this year so I had been studying hard and honestly, it was tiring and stressful. Even someone like Remus who was always on top of his work seemed to be a little on edge these days.

Unfortunately, I didn't make it very far when I ran into Sirius.

"Hello, love, nice to see you again," he winked.

My eyes rolled so far into the back of my head that I was pretty sure that with a bit more effort, I could see my brains.

"Padfoot," I addressed him, "what do you want?"

I didn't know what Padfoot meant, along with the nicknames Moony, Wormtail and Prongs, but that's what James, Peter and Remus called him, so I started calling him that, too.

"I need you and Remus to fake date."

I nearly dropped my books as my jaw swung open.

"You need me to what? No! Why? No way! Absolutely not, Sirius Black, if this is some plan on getting James and Lily together, I swear on Merlin-"

He put a finger to my lips.

"Speak louder, why don't you? I'm sure Beauxbatons can't quite hear you yet!" he shushed.

I doubtfully looked at him with my arms crossed, waiting for him to say something.

"Okay, here's the thing. There's this Ravenclaw fifth year named (choose/name) that's sort of in love with Remus. But she's getting so clingy to him and it's annoying him and he wants to get rid of her but doesn't know how to, he's too polite,"

I stared, dumbfounded, as he continued.

"but this girl is smart, see, hence her being in Ravenclaw, so she'll back off if she thinks he has a girlfriend, and so please, please could you do this for Remus..." he finished off.

I silently tried to process what was going on before I spoke.

"Why don't you ask someone else? Like Lily?" I said, quietly.

Sirius scoffed.

"Absolutely no way. Everyone already knows Lily loves James, even though she doesn't know it herself."

I quickly smiled to myself as I remembered what Lily had told me by the pond.

"I bet Remus doesn't even know about this plan. We're good friends, Sirius, and I don't want this to ruin our friendship," I said, plainly.

Sirius cursed under his breath silently.

"Think about what I've asked, okay? I, uh, gotta go!" he yelled as he rushed down the hall.

[Remus' POV]

     I had been finishing up some Potions homework on my bed when Sirius threw the door open like there was a fire.

"Mate," I asked, startled, "what the bloody hell is going on?"

I looked down and groaned to see ink spilling onto my sheets.

I cursed under my breath and proceeded to attempt to clean it.

"I need you and (Y/N) to fake date."
he said.

I turned to him, flabbergasted, and dropped the pot of ink.

"What?"

So he patiently explained that there was some Hufflepuff fifth year that had been clinging onto (Y/N) lately, he liked her but she didn't feel the same. She didn't want to be rude and tell him she wasn't interested, but the boy was nice, hence him being in Hufflepuff, so if he saw she had a boyfriend, he'd back off.

"So could you please do this, for (Y/N)," he begged.

"I - uh, um, well, I mean, I -" I stuttered terribly as I didn't know what to respond.

"She's practically begging you to. She needs your help, Moony. Please, she's your mate, isn't she?" he asked, desperation in his voice.

I did want to do this, after all, I liked (Y/N), (a lot) and I wanted to make her happy.

"Oh, okay, fine," I asked, fake annoyed, "for a friend." I added.

A slight smirk appeared on Sirius' face when I said "friend," as if he were questioning it.

"Okay, thanks so much mate, it means a lot to her," he smiled as he rushed out of the Common Room.

~
02/25/18
word count - 977
hey guys ;) I made a lil plot twist. so let's see how fake dating with Remus goes... ;)

emma x