Healed Heart

[Your POV]

Today is the day, I nervously thought as I scattered my messy table for an extra bobby pin.

"Lily!" I yelled, holding one strand of hair up, "do you have an extra bobby pin?"

I stared into my mirror and scowled. Today, my hair was not cooperating.

I swallowed the feeling that maybe this was a sign that I shouldn't go with Lucius.

"Hmph," I pouted, trying to get my hair to behave.

"Got one!" Lily said as she held up a small, black bobby pin.

"Agh, thank you," I said, frustrated, as I took my hand out of my hair and let it fall loose.

"Woah, (Y/N), you look stunning," she said as she wiped a fake tear from her cheek.

I giggled and rolled my eyes.

"Not so bad yourself, Lils. Potter'll faint." I put the back of my hand to my forehead and make a distressed face.

"Shut your mouth," she giggled. Suddenly, she became stern.

"Now, who is it you're taking to the dance? Is it Remus? I bet it's Remus," she said as she applied a light blush o her cheeks.

My cheeks flushed the same colour as hers were, wishing that I was with Remus.

"Don't worry about it," I reassured her.

I hadn't told Lily (or anybody for that matter) that I was going with Lucius. Everyone would judge me and Lily would probably forbid me from going.

Gonna be one helluva show when she finds out, I thought to myself, worried, as I pressed my lips together.

I checked the enchanted clock on my nightstand. It was 6:40.

I chewed on my top lip as I slipped into my beautiful, but uncomfortable heels (sorry if you don't wear/like heels!) and motioned for Lily to follow.

We strode gracefully down the staircase, (well, Lily did, me, not so much) to find someone there, waiting for us.

Of course, it was James. His mouth dropped when he saw Lily. He turned as red as a tomato and was at a loss for words.

I rolled my eyes and giggled to myself, watching James and Lily try to exchange compliments.

I crossed my arms and looked around. Of course, Lucius was nowhere to be seen.

I shook my head and thought silently that this was a bad idea.

I suddenly felt a pair of hands rest on my shoulders.

I whipped around so quickly that I almost gave myself whiplash.

To almost no surprise at all, it was Lucius.

Fashionably late, I thought, as always.

"Good evening, love," he said with an amusing tone to his voice.

I clenched my teeth at the word love. I wanted to tell him I wasn't his "love" but decided to keep my mouth shut so the night would go smoothly.

"Hey Lucius," I said with a fake smile through gritted teeth.

"You certainly look beautiful tonight," he smirked as he looked me up and down.