4:00 AM

[A/N - pls read the lil blob of text at the end!]

[Your POV]

     I bit down on my quill and carefully eyed my study notes for Charms as if I actually understood any of it. My mind hadn't been this blank in weeks.
I rubbed my sleep deprived eyes and checked the clock. 3:45 am. Less than 4 hours until my Charms exam. I sighed irritably as I wracked my brain, trying to remember what I was trying to study. But it was no use. I just couldn't focus.
Well, I thought, I'm going to fail this stupid exam anyways so I may as well relax. I got up out of my bed, put on my slippers and headed towards the Common Room. I needed to have some peaceful alone time.
Obviously though, that didn't happen. I kept thinking of what happened yesterday with the Marauders. My mind replayed when I angrily stormed out of The Three Broomsticks as Lily was calling to me.
I pondered about Remus. Was I being too harsh on him? I haven't spoken to him in months. I mean- would it hurt to hear what he has to say?
I shuddered. No, there was no way I was speaking to Remus. I snuggled up on the sofa with my blanket and closed my eyes, leaving my worries behind.

[Remus' POV]

I rubbed my eyes tiredly. It was 4:00 am. (Y/N)'s Charms exam was in a couple hours. A sad smile surfaced on my face as I thought about how she was probably still up and studying.
I'd been pondering Snape's plan for a couple hours now. It was simple - he would sneak me a vial of felix felicis (liquid luck) during dinner and I would drink it and talk to (Y/N).

As simple as it sounded, I was nervous. My stomach was doing flips as questions and doubts filled my head. How would Snape get the vial? Surely he would steal it from Slughorn's cabinet and if he was caught, I know for a fact that prat would blame it on me. Secondly, why did he want to help me? As far as I knew, there was nothing in it for him.

I rubbed my eyes hard and shook my head to clear my thoughts. I tried to make myself comfortable and just as I was about to doze off...

James starting snoring. Loud.

A groan escaped my mouth as I realized tonight would be another sleepless night. F!ck you, Prongs, I thought to myself as I gathered my blankets and prepared to sleep downstairs in the Common Room.

As I headed downstairs, a familiar scent wafted in the air. I couldn't quite remember what or who it was connected to but I felt a slight pang in my heart as it became more apparent.

When I reached the bottom step my stomach dropped at the sight - (Y/N), peacefully sleeping on the sofa, hugging her blanket.

My eyes welled up with fresh tears and I bit my bottom lip hard. Seeing her peacefully sleeping made me reminisce of the countless nights she had fallen asleep in my arms. Her distinct (y/f/scent) scent, which I also smelled like after I hugged her. It was almost too much.

I stood there, paralyzed for a moment, not knowing what to do.

As if my legs were on autopilot, I walked up to the sofa and sat down carefully, not to wake her. I carefully brought her head to my shoulder and caressed her face gently. If only she knew how much I still loved her.

[Your POV]

          At around 4:10 a.m. I was awoken by the sound of footsteps. I didn't bother to look for who it was because I was half asleep, and I really couldn't have be bothered either way.

However, when the footsteps came to an abrupt stop, I started to get out of my haze and was about to lift my head, when from the corner of my eye I saw them - Remus' slippers. My heart started beating and I had no idea what to do.

What is he doing here? Is he looking for me? I thought. No, he stopped walking abruptly. He probably found me asleep right now.

I decided to keep pretending like I was asleep and see what he would do. A part of me wanted him to come up and sleep beside me. The other part of me wanted him to go away.

My heart was practically beating out of my chest as I heard his footsteps get closer to the sofa. Gently, he sat down, paused for a minute, then began to - put my head on his shoulder and caress my face.

Did he really love me all along?

Almost instantly I snuggled my head into his shoulder and he quickly jerked back, probably afraid he had woken me.

I missed him. Honestly and truly. Cuddling with him felt right - like I wasn't cuddling with my ex - but with my boyfriend. For the first time in months, I felt whole.

I closed my eyes and smiled a little, enjoying every second because I knew this moment wouldn't last.

~
04.01.20
w/c; 859
1:40 a.m.
~
hello to all my babies reading this <3. Woah, this is the first time I wrote a whole chapter in over a year. Craaazy bro. Anyways - happy April Fools, and for my prank I decided that I was gonna write a couple more (1-3) chapters after this, so this is not the last chapter!! How are you guys? I miss talking to you all. Amidst this whole pandemic - please stay home safe, wash your hands, and take care of your loved ones.

Sorry this chapter was short and a bit sh!tty, I'm a bit rusty and trying to get used to writing again lol:)

emma x