It Begins

[a/n; 343 reads shook asf ty]

[Remus' POV]

     I had absolutely no idea what to expect from fake dating (Y/N). I didn't want this to ruin our friendship. I usually thought things through before carrying them out, but the mere idea of being able to call (Y/N) my girlfriend, even if it was fake, was too much for me to resist, along with Sirius' annoying but quite convincing whimpering.

How would I approach her? Come up to her and say "So! We're fake dating now!"

I covered my face with my hands as I lied down on my ink covered sheets.

Minutes later, I heard footsteps, James', to be exact.

"Ouu, is what I'm hearing true? Remmy's got himself a girlfriend?" he teased as he crawled into the room.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"No, you plonker, it's fake. Just to scare away this guy that won't leave (Y/N) alone," I quietly explained.

James clucked his tongue and eyed me seriously.

"Whatever you say, mate. But this is your big chance. Don't blow it."

He grabbed his broomstick and headed out the door.

[Your POV]

     To be honest, I was quite happy that I was *fake* dating Remus. It'd give us a chance to get closer. Plus, he was my best friend, so it'd be fun, even if it was fake.

After contemplating on what to do and asking Lily for advice (who didn't seem that surprised when I told her, honestly I had a bad feeling she knew about this) I decided to go to Remus and discuss how this 'fake dating' thing was going to work.

So that's what I did, I headed upstairs to the boy's dormitories.

I nervously knocked on Remus' door.

An obviously tired voice answered, replying to come in, and of course, that voice belonged to Remus.

My hand was slightly shaking when I grabbed the door handle and swiftly pushed it open.

Remus looked up, quite startled to see me there.

He scrambled out of bed and ran his hand through his messy brown hair.

"(Y)-(Y/N)! Hi, um, sorry I look very gross, right-right now, I-I'm kind of tired so uh, um, my bad," he finished and looked up at me directly.

I chuckled uncomfortably, still standing close to the door, and looked down.

"No problem, I just wanted to, um, talk about, you know..." I tried to finish but it ended up in silence.

I was starting to get anxious because if we couldn't even talk about it, how would we pull it off?

Remus looked as nervous as me and avoided looking at me.

"Uh, the fake dating thing, yeah. We can pull it off, right?" he quickly questioned.

"I think so, I mean, I don't want this to ruin our friendship, but it's not like this is going to be permanent, you know, we're good friends and all..." I rambled until my mind finally told my mouth to shut it, as I was acting more like a fool than I already felt like I was.

"G-great! Um, so lunch is in a bit, I'll, uh, get ready and uh, see you there?" he fiddled with his fingers.

"Oh, okay, bye Remus!" I said a bit too squeakily as I turned a very bright shade of red and headed out of the dorm.

This was a bad, bad idea.

~
03/01/18
word count; 568
apologies for the short chapter, but I posted in honour of Ron's 38th birthday !!! Thank you for showing love to this fic (I upload a new chapter every time the previous one gets 10 views)
hold on to ur seatbelts cause it's gonna get messy real quick...

emma x