一 ✔️

* "---" = timeskip
* "-"   = p.o.v change

"Hello?"

"(Y/n), Fikira's dead." His voice was short as if he'd just been running.

"W...What? How?"

"I will explain when I see you. I'm heading back to Japan in a week, I will keep you posted until then." He finished, hanging up.

"Oh, Ryo. You haven't changed..."

---

  Looking around the airport, She checked her phone again. Her thumb scrolled through her social media feed as she waited for her friend to show up. It's been years since she's seen him. She's willing to forgive, but not forget.

  "(Y/n)!" Ryo calls out to her, catching her attention. Looking back up, she puts her phone back into her pocket and smiles.

  "Hey! How was your flight?" She asks, wrapping her arms around the male.

  "Fine," He returns the hug then quickly pulls away. "I have so much to tell you, (Y/n)." His voice lowered as he locked eyes with her. 

---

  Placing his bags in the trunk of the expensive car, (Y/n) hops in the driver's seat while Ryo sits in the passenger's seat. As they drive down the highway, the streetlights reflect off of the shiny metal surface of the vehicle.

  "So tell me, what happened? You left me on such a cliffhanger last week." The girl joked, keeping her eyes steady on the road. A sigh escaped the male's lips as he looked up at the night sky. Ryo went on to explain how the Russian scholar he was working with lit himself on fire. How his body was twice the size when he burned, and how demons actually exist and have found a way to live among people. Seriousness laced his voice as he spoke, eyes narrowed as he glared out the window.

"Wow," She mumbled, her eyes wide. The air between them was thick, awkward and tense. Trying to shed some light on the subject, she gives an uneasy chuckle and shakes her head in disbelief. "So your research was true... I don't know what to say." She continued.

"I need your help, (Y/n)... I know you chose to quit a couple years ago on the project but I really need you. You're extremely important to this operation and you're the only one I can trust." Ryo stated simply. Almost all emotion evaded his tone, which irked the girl a bit. Taking a quick glance at him, she let out a sigh and pulled into her apartment's garage. Turning the engine off, she leaned back and sighed. A feeling of uneasiness washed over her as she glanced at the blond. His eyes watched her every movement, making her feel like prey.

  "I know how you feel about me asking you this again, but this is detrimental information that few of us know about. If you decline, I understand." He said clearly, but taking his gaze off of her. (Y/n)'s jaw dropped slightly. Did Ryo Asuka feel remorse? Who knew this stoic little boy could feel guilt.  Maybe he has changed?

  "Alright, Ryo." She started slowly as a small smile of unnerved reassurance painted her lips. Even though a whole bunch of emotions swirled around in her gut--even though he caused her so much damage, he was still her friend. "I'll help. But how are we going to do it this time? Do you even know who--"

  "I have someone in mind."

---

"Did you trace his IP address yet?" (Y/n) asks, drying her hair off with a towel. Sitting down next to her friend on the white sofa, she watched as he worked on his laptop.

  "No, he doesn't own a phone. Ugh," the male says, slamming his laptop shut in frustration. He tossed it onto the white coffee table in defeat. Scrolling through her social media, (Y/n) notices a girl who's an extremely fast runner in her recommendations.

  "They call her the witch of the track or something. Man, wish I was athletic." The girl groaned, lowering her phone just enough for Ryo to see. His eyes widened as he notices the boy he was looking for next to her in the photo. Swiping the phone away, he scrolls through the witch's feed and spots the boy in almost all of the photos.

  "Hey! My phone! There's private stuff on there!" (Y/n) shouts, trying to reach for her phone. Holding her at a distance, he smirks to himself.

  "Miki Makimura, eh?"

When he was finished, he gently tossed the girl's phone back to her as she struggled to catch it. Grabbing the laptop from the coffee table, he turned it on and traced Miki's IP address. He transferred the info onto his phone and stood up.

  "Come on, I've found him."

---

  "Akira! Did you follow me!?" A girls voice was heard down by the dock.

  "Who's he?" Three thug-looking guys looked down at the boy in the boat.

-

  Stepping out of the car, Ryo grabbed one of the guns from the back.

  "I'll be quick, stay here." He said with a huff as he slid the weapon into his oversized white coat. She nodded in return as she watched his figure leave the area. Tapping her fingers on the leather seat, waiting patiently for her partner and the subject to return.

"Akira!" Ryo called out from the top of the wooden staircase. "Akira Fudo!"

"Who's this guy?"

"He's wearing a coat even though it's hot out,"

After a couple more comments, Ryo took out his machine gun. A few responses were heard, then silenced by a couple rounds from the black weapon.

"Akira, come with me!" It took the boy a couple seconds to realize who was calling out to him.

"Ryo!" He ran up to the male and quickly embraced him. Ryo told him to get in the back while he entered the driver's seat; Miki yelled at Akira as he left, soon chasing after him.

"Oh, Ryo, who's this?" Akira asked, gesturing towards the (h/c) haired girl. Ryo glanced at her, the rearview mirror, then back onto the road.

"Akira, this is (Y/n) (L/n). I went to college with her. She's my partner."