六 ✔️

"U-uh, let's just head back. I'm getting tired," Akira lies as he slides his shirt back on.

  "Tired? It's only 5 p.m." The girl asked, looking at him quizzically while hanging up her lab jacket. They were borrowing her workplaces' laboratory. With a permit, she can legally use the room anytime she wants and is qualified to use the equipment that comes along with it.

  "Yep, now let's go." He responds awfully fast, grabbing (Y/n)'s wrist and pulling her out of the room. Ryo rolls his eyes, already knowing what's up.

  Before stepping out of the room, he looks behind him to see if he's missing something. 'Oh, (Y/n) forgot her journal. She's gonna want this.' He thinks to himself, quickly grabbing it and heading out. As they waited for Ryo, (Y/n)'s back was against the building's concrete wall while Akira stood across from her. She scrolled through her social media on her phone, liking posts every now and then. Akira leaned back in his seat, rolling his head to the side feeling hesitant on asking a question. 

  "Hey, (Y/n),"

  She hums in response, not looking up from her phone.

  "Do you and Ryo have a thing?"

  She pauses for a moment and looks in the direction of the building's entrance. Ryo's taking his time, she guessed. 'Thing?' She thought to herself.

  "Define thing. I'm not following." She looks back, giving him a kind smile. His cheeks dust a noticeable light pink.

  "Like, uh... Relationship?" He asked, looking away and avoiding eye contact with the girl, digging his hands into his pockets.  Her eyes soften and she lightly chuckles at his question. 'Oh, that's what's going on...'

  "No, Ryo and I don't have a romantic relationship with each other. It's more like a brother-sister type." She gives him a reassuring smile. Suddenly Akira feels a lot better.

  Ryo walks out of the building, tossing an item at the girl, giving her no time to react. As she fumbled with it, he walked to the car. "forgot something."He said as he unlocked the vehicle and got in.

  "Oh, I forgot my book. Akira dragged me out of the room so fast I didn't have time to grab it." The girl laughed, sliding the journal into her bag. As she said that, Ryo somewhat glared at the boy in the back through the rearview mirror.

  "About that, Akira, wait for me next time."

  He started up the car and they drove off towards their destination.

---

  Parking at Ryo's place, the three get out of the vehicle and gather up the stuff they brought.

  "Actually, Ryo, I think I'm going to head home. I had fun though! We'll do this again tomorrow?" She smiled, heading towards her (also expensive) car.

  "Something like that. Bye (Y/n), drive safe." The blonde haired boy waves, walking up the stairs to his apartment. Not hearing Akira's steps as well, he turns around to see him watching (Y/n) head to her car.

  "Akira?"

  "I'm gonna go with (Y/n), you know, make sure she's safe and all!" He replied, getting into the passenger's side of her car. He could see (Y/n) slam her head on the steering wheel in defeat. She might never have a break with this kid. He follows her around like a 5-year-old. Ryo rolled his eyes and walked up to his apartment. Storming inside, he slams his door and slides his white coat off.

  "Ever since he's met her, he's been leaving me out of everything! I made him who he is now! I should have some more respect!" He ranted on. It wasn't intended to be like this. (Y/n) didn't know how clingy he could get. She honestly feels a little bad for Ryo, but there's not much she can do.

Looking over at the boy, she smiles lightly to herself. She's glad she's got to see him change. It must feel good for him to come out of his shell.

  She admires his calm face as the breeze blows his hair back, his arm hanging off the side of the window. The sun started to go down, painting the sky orange. Everything felt right.