五 ✔️

Stepping onto the patio, (Y/n) looks out over the city. Ryo's already in bed asleep and Akira left earlier. Feeling the unexplained tranquility of the nightlife, she sighed and leaned against the metal bars of the balcony. Taking out a pack of cigarettes from her cardigan, she placed one up to her lips and lights it. Taking a drag of the cancer stick, she exhales, smoke blowing out of her nose and mouth. She hated smoking but it was a habit she couldn't break. Work stressed her out, not to mention the shit Ryo does. She took it up a few years ago when they worked together to cope with the stress. She regrets it greatly. Her (e/c) eyes gazing out, watching all the people from below having fun. Hearing the nostalgic jazz come out of a building nearby, made her wish she could go out and have some fun. Being lost in her thoughts, she didn't hear someone creep up behind her. Thus, startled when a hand slaps the cigarette from her fingers and quickly falling off the balcony.

  With wide eyes, she looks behind her. Akira stands there with a cheeky smile spread across his face. "Smoking isn't good for you, you know that?" He says, scooting close to the girl. He traps her up against the railing. She glares at the boy and hits him in the chest as hard as she could, knowing it wouldn't hurt him. He lowers himself down to her height and gets real close to her face. Her cheeks heat up and she quickly turns away. With a chuckle, the boy swipes the pack from her pocket and drops it off the balcony as well.

  "H-hey! Akira, those are expensive!" she pouts, quickly standing up. He laughs and places a hand on top of her shoulder.

  "I worry about you, you know?"

  She looks up at the boy, a small smile painted her lips. "Yeah, I worry about you too. But don't ever scare me like that again," she furrows her eyebrows, trying to look intimidating. He laughs and begins walking inside.

  "Yeah, yeah, whatever."

---

  "Will this hurt?" Akira asks as (Y/n) holds onto jaw, keeping his mouth open.

  "I guess it depends on your pain tolerance," she responds, grabbing some dental equipment similar to that of a wrench. Noticing the metallic, quite possible weapon in her hand, he pulls away with worried eyes.

  "W-wait, what are you doing again?" He asks as she grabs his jaw again.

  "Timing your so-called regeneration abilities. We're starting out with pulling a tooth. Which one should I extract, Ryo?" The girl smirks, looking at the blonde with the recorder in his hand.

  "Hm, do a molar."

  She nears his mouth with the tool and he jerks away again.

  "Wait! Why am I shirtless?" He asks, rubbing his arm and looking down.

  "Ugh," (Y/n) groans. 'Ugh, he's been stalling for the past 5 minutes!' She thinks to herself as she grabs his jaw for the final time, holding it a little harder than before so he won't be able to pull away. She positioned the deadly wrench in his mouth.

  "Because," she grunts, pulling the tooth out. "This isn't the only test we'll be doing." She places the tooth in a metal saucer and goes back to keeping the boy's mouth open. Ryo steps up, filming the process of the tooth re-growing.  It took about a minute.

  Akira groaned as he rubbed his jaw, watching (Y/n) record the data from this 'experiment.'

  "You could've been a little easier, it still hurt like hell!" The black-haired boy groaned. She rolled her eyes and the gave a thumbs up to Ryo. He returned the gesture and started to pack his equipment away.

  "You're lucky that's all we're doing for today, you sensitive ass." She joked, tossing his shirt to him.

  "I prefer crybaby." He interjected with sarcasm and stood up from the metallic table. She laughed and collected her things as well.

  "You guys are so annoying... I wish I never introduced you two." Ryo said more to himself, slinging the bag over his shoulder.

  "Ahhh, don't be like that." She wraps an arm around the blonde and gives him a quick side-hug. He returned the hug and looked away.

  This seemed like a friendly gesture, but why did Akira feel strange about it?