十四 ✔️

"Knock knock"

  Slightly opening the door, (Y/n)'s tired eyes glared at the person who stood in front of her.

Akira.

Looking down, she notices a bag in his hands.

"What do you want?" She glared at the male. He gave her a sympathetic smile and held up the bag.

"Can you unlock the door, please? I brought food." He asked, motioning towards the latch as he lifted the bag for her to see. She rolls her eyes and closed the door, unhooking the latch. She opened it again and lets the male inside her large home with a slight smile on his face. He noticed her sloppy appearance, yet he still found her pretty. Setting the bag on the table, he turned and looked at her, a half-smile on his face.

  "What." She growled, noticing his smile. He merely chuckled and shook his head.

  "Nothing."

  "Then why are you here? Please leave. I don't want to see you." She said, turning away and started to walk up the stairs. Akira's eyes widened and he grabbed her by her waist.

  "W-wait, (Y/n). Please don't shut me out, I miss you. Ryo and I both miss you. As much as he'd hate to admit it, he does. I can see it in his eyes." He said, resting his head on her shoulder as she stood a bit higher than him on the step.

  "He killed my brother and mom. Before I could even apologize..." tears threatened to spill out of her eyes as her jaw and fists clenched. Silence filled the room, Akira's grip tightened a bit as she struggled to leave.

  "You aren't the only one who feels that way..." Akira mumbled. Her eyes widened and she looked behind her and down at the male. He looked off to the side, a mournful expression on his face. He noticed her staring and smiled up at the girl.

  "How about I make us some tea and we can talk. I'll tell you my story, you tell me yours?"

  She thought about it for a moment, then looked down and nodded.

---

  Picking up the mug, she takes a few sips of the warm tea and looked out the window. While he was making the tea, she took a quick shower and changed into some cleaner, yet comfy clothes.

  "So tell me," (Y/n) began and set the mug down. "What happened?"

  Akira looked down, his warm cup of tea in his lap. He stared down and the liquid as he spoke.

  "A couple days ago, I went to pick my mom up from the airport. Ryo tagged along. That night, right after you left, I got a call from my mom saying she couldn't find my dad." At the mentioning of that night, (Y/n) looked down. Tears glazed her eyes as she thought of her mother and brother.

  "After finding out that there was a delay, I got another call from her asking to meet us in some type of supply room... long story short, my father was a demon. He killed my mom, along with a few others." He paused and looked down, tears filling his eyes as well.

  "I had to do it, (Y/n)... Or Ryo would've... And I can't even say anything to the Makimura's. I had to lie and say she had to go back for more work." His voice faltered. He clenched a fist on his lap as he held the mug in his other hand. (Y/n) placed a hand over his and rubbed her thumb, soothing the male.

  They sat in silence for a couple minutes, hand in hand.

  "This wasn't the first time Ryo's taken away someone I loved..." (Y/n) mumbled, looking down. Akira's eyes widened as he studied her features.

  "I met Ryo a couple years ago along with my boyfriend at the time," She began. Akira's heart clenched at the sound of that.

  "When Ryo brought up his discovery about the demons, we didn't believe him. Of course, who would believe that demons exist? To prove his point, my boyfriend volunteered to get possessed by one. Just like you—but it didn't work out. He couldn't control the demon and... Ryo shot him. He killed Kuro." (Y/n) begun to cry again. Akira pulled the girl into a hug, the girl hiding her face in his chest as she cried.

  "(Y/n)," he sighed, holding the girl a bit tighter.

  "I don't know why I agreed to tag along again, he's still the same person as he was." She cried harder. She lifted her head from his chest and looked away.

  He placed a hand on her cheek, wiping a few tears away. She still looked pretty when she cried.

  With a sigh, Akira smashed his lips onto hers, pulling her into a passionate kiss that he longed to do ever since he met her.