二 ✔️

"Oh, (Y/n). I'm A-"

"Akira Fudo, yes I know." She turned her head and smiled. "It's nice to finally meet you."

His cheeks dusted pink. "Nice to finally meet me?" He mumbled aloud. He wondered why and how she knew him already.

"Oh, you must be confused. Haha, Ryo talks a lot about you–all good things though!" She hesitantly chuckles, afraid he'd get the wrong idea. After taking it into consideration, he smiles to himself. It's been that long and he still talks fondly of him. Still caught in a daze, something metallic and black catches his eye. He took a glimpse of the black weapon and his lips parted a bit in awe and shock.

"Ryo is that--"

"A machine gun." He stated boldly. Before Akira could say anything, Ryo was already explaining how you can't survive in the world without obeying the laws. "You can't drive in Japan with an American license." He gave an example.

(Y/n)'s eyes widened as she heard that. "You don't have your license!? And you're driving my car!" He took a sharp corner and looked at Akira through the rearview mirror.

"Get a phone." He suggests, avoiding the topic and ignoring the girl completely. "I had to trace that girl's IP to find you."

"You mean Miki? How do you know Miki?" He asks, his voice filled with concern.

"Why do you run?" He then changes the topic again. 'Come on, Ryo! You need to slow down! And you're hammering the poor boy with so many questions.' (Y/n) thinks to herself, gripping onto the armrest. Ryo notices the tension and slows down a bit as Akira answers the question.

---

Parking the car somewhere by an abandoned mall left an uneasy feeling in (Y/n)'s stomach. It was her car after all, yet Ryo acts like he can buy 50 of them. 'That car was expensive.' She thinks to herself as she takes one last glance back at it. The three walked a few blocks in complete silence. Walking by Ryo's side, (Y/n) turned to him with a worried face. She knew what was going on. She didn't expect Akira to follow along so easily, not to mention how fast Ryo is pacing this. Is Akira that dense?

"What if he doesn't comply?" She asked in a lowered voice, her hand blocking her mouth as she whispered in his ear. They both looked behind them at the smiling boy following them. Why was he so quick to trust them? Was Ryo and Akira's relationship that strong? They took a turn, walking down the stairs and following the neon painted arrows. So many questions filled the girl's mind.

"Trust me, he will." He replied back. The three stopped at a pair of red double doors. Ryo turned to Akira with a serious face.

"I'm sorry for dragging you into this. The thing is, is that I want us to find out the truth together. It's just that there's a big risk that comes with it... " he pauses then turns to look at (Y/n). Knowing the consequences, she nods her head as a way of telling him to keep going.

"There's a chance you'll get devoured by one of those devils. Or end up pouring gasoline over your head just like Fikira."

"Yeah, but Ryo, why ask me? Why not (Y/n)?"

"Because I'm scared." "And (Y/n) is helping me in a different way..."

He puts a hand up to his chest as he looks down. "To be honest, I'm terrified. It's not like I have a choice, Fikira has left this discovery of his to me." He raises a fist, determination coursing through his veins.

"I have to get to the bottom of this, and I felt like I had to tell you about it too as soon as possible before we say anything about it to anyone else." He places a hand on one of Akira's shoulders, his golden eyebrows furrowing.

"Don't you see? You're the only person we can trust!"

"We need your help. We have to tell everyone the truth." (Y/n) finishes after him and placed a hand on Akira's other shoulder. "When we make it through this, everyone will eventually thank us." She gave him a confident smile.

Akira's eyes widened as they both finished their speech. A smile soon spread across his cute little cheeks. "All right then, thanks a lot, guys." He pauses. "If you say so, Ryo, then I trust you." The two removed there hands and Ryo thanked the boy. (Y/n) studied the boy's features as they shared smiles. He was incredibly adorable.

"We're going to find evidence on the Devil." He says as he raises his phone and presses a button to record. He places the phone back into his pocket and moves Akira forward with his hand.

-

"Here you go!" A girl with blond hair and nothing but frilly panties on says. She tries to hand Akira a pill. "Do you prefer Devi-Devi instead?" She asks as his face flushes bright to that of a tomato. She places a pill on her tongue and pulls him down for a kiss, shoving it down his throat. She turns to Ryo and (Y/n) with a confused expression.

"Is he a first-timer?"

"Yeah, he just got dumped by his girlfriend." (Y/n) replies as she watches Ryo walk off. 'Ah! Ryo, don't leave me alone with the kid!' She thought to herself. With a concerned smile, the boy scuttled up next to her. Like a lost puppy, he followed her to a couch. She grabbed a bottle of some alcohol she couldn't read and plopped down onto the white sofa. He sat down next to her, his hands between his legs. She took a couple sips off the liquid and watched the party go on, trying to spot her partner.

"Not a party guy?" She asked, trying to start a conversation.

"N-Not really." He mumbled. That was it for a convo for a while, which upset the girl a bit. The two continued to watch the party rave in silence, different thoughts eluding into the two's mind.

"So, (Y/n), how old are you?" She could hear Akira ask.

"I'm 17," she replied, looking at the boy. "And you?"

"Ah, 16." His cheeks dusted pink and he rubbed the back of his neck. He looked down at the ground for a bit before looking up and spotting Ryo walking to them. He swiped the glass from (Y/n), downed the whole bottle, and smashed it against the table next to them. The both flinch in response.

"H-hey! Come on! You steal everything from me!" She glares up at the blue-eyed male. She sighs as he walks off.

Just then, both Akira and (Y/n) gasp as they hear a few screams.

"Is that blood!?"

*all I did was change the age of the reader for those who are wondering. I now realize how weird it was, while my 15 y/o self didn't. Originally, I just wanted the reader to be done with college n shit and I thought 18 was a reasonable age, however I see the issue. Remember that the laws are different in certain places cough cough japan... but my opinions have changed and I see how some people can be uncomfortable. So I'm sorry if offended anyone! I wasn't purposefully trying to upset anyone, I was just trying to think logically but I see now that I was overlooking things.